Video effect help please

destroyer437
Org Profile

Video effect help please

Post by destroyer437 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:30 pm

i was curious of what effects were used in this video at these times 0:09, 0:32, 1:01 (is the same as the fist but horizontal) , 1:10 is a little fast 2:26ish the program i use is veags pro 13

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Video effect help please

Post by Kireblue » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:04 pm

The effect at 0:09 and 1:01 is a simple push transition. To add the effect, drag a clip a few frames into another clip (to make a standard crossfade). Then right click within the area of the crossfade and select "transition properties". Then select "sony push". You now can control the push direction from up to down, or left to right (and vice versa). To add in the moving film strip, that was probably just a overlay that the person found in a random template. They are a dime a dozen. Here's a quick video that someone made on youtube that does that effect https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Rz8aBDXD4

The effect at 0:32 was just a overlay on a 2nd layer. They dropped the top opacity down on the 2nd layer by dragging the line on the top of the clip downwards to their desired opacity number. Here is another quick demonstration of how to do it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9uNZFBRUCA

The effect at 1:10 is a bit too fast for me to completely tell exactly what is going on, but I think I got it for the most part. Its actually a number of effects that are all happening really fast. First, a black and white effect is added. Then there are a bunch of really fast push transitions added. And lastly, the clip is zoomed in at a horizontal angle.

destroyer437
Org Profile

Re: Video effect help please

Post by destroyer437 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:53 pm

ty kireblue you the man :)

Return to “Effects & Techniques”