Advise for Twixtor effect pls

price1992
Org Profile

Advise for Twixtor effect pls

Post by price1992 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:07 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9logsb11kbfl8q9/Test.mp4
(This is mostly just practice work)

How to fix the hair frame? It happened a lot when editing clips and had a little delay between frames.

jt_x
Org Profile

Re: Advise for Twixtor effect pls

Post by jt_x » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:15 pm

hello,
so I haven't used Twixtor before but I did a 60fps video once using an avisynth plugin.
I had a similiar problem in that the plugin would create some glitch frames in some motion scenes
what I did to fix it was that I edited the whole video it was around 3 or 3:30 mins long and then
I went through those 3 mins and simply removed the glitch frames manually and then inserted either the
previous or next frame. This was tedious but doable. You can also try simply not to use scenes that look too bad in 60fps.
aside from that I don't know any Twixtor specific solutions.

price1992
Org Profile

Post by price1992 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:59 am

Can you show me how to remove the glitch frames and insert fixed frames ?

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:55 pm

price1992 wrote:Can you show me how to remove the glitch frames and insert fixed frames ?
I simply did it using my editing program :uhoh: . I'm not sure how it works if you use after effects since that's meant for editing effects and less for editing videos. But if you use something like Premiere or Vegas it's as easy as simply locating the glitch frames and then cutting them out and inserting the previous frame, you might need to insert it multiple times depending on how many frames are glitched. Getting your program to become frame accurate is a simple matter of scrolling into the timeline at least on Vegas.

lolligerjoj
Org Profile

Post by lolligerjoj » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Check out my new Twixtor guide to see a lot of options to remove Twixtor artifacts:
https://lolligerjoj.wordpress.com/2016/ ... g-twixtor/
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Effects & Techniques”