Post by Tsiahiv » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:40 pm

How's the effect at 0:11 done?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: Help

Post by Kionon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:16 am

Looks like some kind of time based gradient overlay. I have no idea how this particular video editor did it, but I am pretty sure I could do something similar.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

MrNosec
Org Profile

Re: Help

Post by MrNosec » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:14 pm

If you play it at 0.25 speed, you can see that it's two clips ( see the scene where they are running on the yellow roof? If you check the layer on the top, right after that, you can see that it's still the same clip, the editor just moved it's position ), one at the top and another at the bottom , only slightly showing themselves with a gap in between, revealing the black background, they're both moving up and down together with motion blur, that can be achieved by, assuming you're using After Effects, creating an adjustment layer over the two clips, adding the effect " Transform ", toggling the motion blur switch on your composition and on the adjustment layer, and simply keyframe the position up and down. Parenting layers and the Twitch plugin are also an option, but by keyframing the position "transform" you have more control over it.

PS: If you mean what comes right after what I just said, it's a light leak overlay with the blending mode set to screen or add, tons of it on youtube.
AMVs:
Figment
Numinous

Youtube Channel: MrNosec

Return to “Effects & Techniques”