Anyone know what effect this is or how it was made?

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Anyone know what effect this is or how it was made?

Post by The_McLaughlin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:41 am

So I was watching this video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9pV7_i ... jHwq0vK3k9

and there were two effects that I was curious what they were (maybe some type of plugin or perhaps they made them)
The first one is at about :39 into the video that purple green outline that spreads off the main clip. Is that just a mask that they made or is that a plug-in or both?

Also I have one more question too in the same video also used in that same clip at :39, and at :59 and 1:41 where the clip kind of slows down and juts back and forth how was that effect done?

I thought they were kind of cool and had started a video that has a few spots where something like that I think could possibly work out really well, and even if they didn't work I like learning new things so why not see if I can't figure out what it is and how it was done to try it out for myself.

MrNosec
Org Profile

Re: Anyone know what effect this is or how it was made?

Post by MrNosec » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:09 am

That effect looks like it can be done by duplicating the clip on another video track, lowering the opacity to something like 40% and changing it's position from the original to your liking, and the purple green outline it's something called RGB split or chromatic aberration, there are lots of tutorials for it.
AMVs:
Figment
Numinous

Youtube Channel: MrNosec

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:43 am

Cool, I may try this effect just to learn new things. Learning is so much fun. Thanks for the reply.

MrNosec
Org Profile

Post by MrNosec » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 am

animefreak7 wrote:Cool, I may try this effect just to learn new things. Learning is so much fun. Thanks for the reply.
Glad I could help, let me know if you're having any problems getting the desired effect and I'll try my best to assist you, best of luck!
AMVs:
Figment
Numinous

Youtube Channel: MrNosec

Return to “Effects & Techniques”