Visual Effects forum READ ME

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Visual Effects forum READ ME

Post by Niotex » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:56 am

Welcome to the Visual Effects board.

This board was created so we, the community, can help you bring your wildest FX ideas to fruition. There is a fair amount of knowledgeable people who will be more than happy to answer some of the questions you might have. Keep in mind that there is a possibility that your question has been answered before. Scanning over older topics or looking at the VFX FAQ Index might save you some time. If your question hasn't been answered before or you just want extra security then you are free to post your question. In order to help you, we will need to know a few things. This way, we can help you get where you want to be without the possibility of misinforming you.
  • First and foremost, we'd like to know your question. This can be anything ranging from how to do a specific visual effect you saw in a video to conceptualizing advanced compositions. Providing an example or visual representation of your question will also help.
  • It would help us greatly to know what software you're using or have at your disposal. There are significant differences between versions of software packages, so providing the entire version number would be appreciated [Example: After Effects CS5, Sony Vegas 9 etc].
  • While not needed for most questions, it may be smart to also include your Operating system [Example: Windows 7 64bit]. As far as the specifications of your computer are concerned, we are mostly interested in the Processor [CPU] and the System Memory [RAM].
  • Be polite.
Example wrote:Hello,

I would like to know how to create character cut-outs with a border around them.
I am using Sony Vegas 7 and GIMP 2.6, I am on Windows Vista 32bit.
I have a Core2Duo Processor at 2.4 Gigahertz with 2 Gigabytes of system memory.

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by Niotex on Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”