MMV masking problem (vegaspro 14)

fugu wa
Org Profile

MMV masking problem (vegaspro 14)

Post by fugu wa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:58 pm

okay so.
i'm working on my mmv, and if i mask the mouth it seems to be fine in the preview window, but after rendering the masking line will show up.
it helped a little bit when i made the section little bit bigger and blurred the edges, but in some parts i cannot do that and the harsh line will show up.

what causes this :(
for example if i mask a hand. and then fingers separately. then i move the fingers the way i want. but after i have rendered i can see the masking
pls help

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: MMV masking problem (vegaspro 14)

Post by Kireblue » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Adding a small feather to the mask should fix it. Even setting the feather amount to 0.3% should be enough, but you'll have to remember to set it to each individual frame.

fugu wa
Org Profile

Post by fugu wa » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:46 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:56 pm
Adding a small feather to the mask should fix it. Even setting the feather amount to 0.3% should be enough, but you'll have to remember to set it to each individual frame.

thank you for your reply. and yes i did that. and yeah it helps a litttle bit... but it won't remove the problem. after i add color correct or some other color stuff the lines will show up even more :?

and i cannot add feather to the all parts ;-; for example. if i mask the head. i can't add feather to it cause otherwise
u know it will add the feather to the hair and then the background shows up :(

also sorry my english is bad :/

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:09 am

can you post a screenshot of the issue?

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:05 pm

fugu wa wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:58 pm
okay so.
i'm working on my mmv, and if i mask the mouth it seems to be fine in the preview window, but after rendering the masking line will show up.
it helped a little bit when i made the section little bit bigger and blurred the edges, but in some parts i cannot do that and the harsh line will show up.

what causes this :(
for example if i mask a hand. and then fingers separately. then i move the fingers the way i want. but after i have rendered i can see the masking
pls help
I made my MMV in vegas and just making sure are you doing overlap masks? Or is the visible background the spaces in between body part masks?

Return to “Effects & Techniques”