I love you guys

Szwagier
Org Profile

Post by Szwagier » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:18 pm

Corran wrote: Not only that but... people do not read worth a damn. On My Earth for Best No Effects... WTF people. I can sort of blame brad for not checking the effects box, but just because the video is able to be voted on does not mean that it fits the category. -_-
fixed
ImageImageImage

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:31 pm

-Good for Nothing- wrote:the downfall of the majority in the amv community becomes quite apparent in this, even more than in the last year's vca's.

so I was right after all |:

yeah, whatever...

~Jannis
Someone takes this shit way too seriously. Treat this as the joke it is, the same as any other popularity contest.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:42 pm

Ileia wrote:Because everyone loves this company.
dont you mean misery loves company?

and undiscovered countries didnt mention everyones name in it, so it wasnt up to par with dewelopers...

or to simplify it....
Mugatu wrote:YOUR A MONKEY DERICK, DANCE MONKEY!
and well were dancing!

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:59 pm

I love you guys too.

;)

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:07 pm

I have four words for you:

DEMOCRACY
FANBOYISM
CIRCLEJERK
DEWELOPERS
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:15 pm

Actually Speaking of this, Considering the type of videos i make...

When in the seven layers of hell did I become popular? And how come noone told me?

on a side note.

I commend you people for nominating Schism in two categories. (It deserves to win SOMETHING :O )

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:19 pm

Otohiko wrote:CIRCLEJERK
Please. How many thousands of members do we have participating in the VCAs every year who don't use the forum, don't use the AOLIM Buddy Chat, don't use the IRC room, and have never met IRL any of the creators of the videos they vote for?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:46 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Otohiko wrote:CIRCLEJERK
Please. How many thousands of members do we have participating in the VCAs every year who don't use the forum, don't use the AOLIM Buddy Chat, don't use the IRC room, and have never met IRL any of the creators of the videos they vote for?
I would love to see the stats, but I'm personally rather convinced the numbers on the nomination stage are much smaller than we assume. I venture to say that a fairly small circle of consistent votes is enough to tip the scales in favour of that or other video. Likewise, I don't think anyone can argue that the .org scene is neutral and impartial - I'm as guilty as anyone else of being with the scene as anyone else. But it does explain many surprising or unreasonable choices.

I don't, by the way, think that videos that get nominated this way are bad or anything. But FANBOYISM and CIRCLEJERK certainly account for a large number of nomination 'surprises'.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:59 pm

And then there are the darkhorses .. the wild cards .... the outsiders ..... :roll:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:24 pm

JudgeHolden wrote:And then there are the darkhorses .. the wild cards .... the outsiders ..... :roll:
Or circlejerks we just have no idea about :P

(a number of AKROSS videos keep getting through over the years in no little part thanks to an active and populated Russian AMVing community that is not very vocal on the .org)

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2007”