I love you guys

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:52 pm

Kitsuner wrote:I know, I can't believe Dewelopers only made it in ten categories either :(
A Travisty I say!

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:02 pm

the downfall of the majority in the amv community becomes quite apparent in this, even more than in the last year's vca's.

so I was right after all |:

yeah, whatever...

~Jannis

pat_hulse
Org Profile

Post by pat_hulse » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:32 pm

Someone explain to me how Dewelopers was nominated for Video of the Year, but Undiscovered Countries wasn't?

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:45 pm

pat_hulse wrote:Someone explain to me how Dewelopers was nominated for Video of the Year, but Undiscovered Countries wasn't?
Ileia should field this one.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: I love you guys

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:46 pm

godix wrote:Morning Honkation for Sentimental?
Honkation is just as sentimental as Undiscovered Countries and A Message From Concerned AMV Editors.

|:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:47 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:
pat_hulse wrote:Someone explain to me how Dewelopers was nominated for Video of the Year, but Undiscovered Countries wasn't?
Ileia should field this one.
dewelopers?

I tried....:|
ImageImage

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Because everyone loves this company.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:16 pm

Every year, with the exception of a few truly awesome videos, it is pretty much ends up being a popularity contest... First a popularity contest based on the editors, and later based on the sources they used in their videos. Most of the beginning nominations are decided by the forum community because they see their friends and go "OMG Nominate!" *click* *click* *click* whereas voting in the later stages starts to mirror the majority of the org populous and the anime fandom in general.

Not only that but... people do not read worth a damn. <strike>The World Moved On</strike> On My Earth for Best No Effects... WTF people. I can sort of blame brad for not checking the effects box, but just because the video is able to be voted on does not mean that it fits the category. -_-
Last edited by Corran on Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:35 pm

More people have seen Dewelopers and they nominate what they've seen. Sock-puppet accounts not included.

I nominated Dewelopers for a lot because for a lot of the categories it was the only video I'd seen. Half the videos I was expecting to nominate weren't there because the creators weren't participating. I nominated a few unknown vids I thought were worthy, but they were unknown, so I knew they'd have no chance of making it in.
-Good for Nothing- wrote:the downfall of the majority in the amv community becomes quite apparent in this, even more than in the last year's vca's.
Ah, you can't blame people for missing out on the unwatched gems. I surfed the recs forum for weeks during the nomination stage - there were so many vids being pimped there's no way I could have watched them all, let alone the gems that weren't being pimped. It's just not possible to sort through a thousand videos and pick the best ones to nominate.

The nomination stage is all about well-known vids. There's no way you can watch all the competition and pick the best, so you go with the ones you saw. It's this and the next round that have the slightest chance of being "legit". Theoretically you could download all the vids in each category and pick a favorite. So next round you can complain that people only voted for the videos they'd seen.

The vcas have always been a popularity contest. Only popular vids are nominated. After that you download those popular vids (making them even more widly seen) and pick your favorite till you get the most popular vid in each category. It's not the downfall of community because the contest never claimed to be anything but what it is - a way to pit the most popular vids on the site against each other and see which one has the biggest fanbase.

/subject change

I'm curious about the stacked results. Will those vids be taken off the lists and replaced with the next runners up, or left on there but quietly prevented from taking any awards? I'd rather have the runner ups - one more chance at variety.

I still wish there were a one-category-per-vid limit. The best thing about the vcas is downloading the nominated videos. There's always too many duplicates and not enough variety. Takes the fun out of it. :?

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:56 pm

Corran wrote:Not only that but... people do not read worth a damn. The World Moved On for Best No Effects... WTF people. I can sort of blame brad for not checking the effects box, but just because the video is able to be voted on does not mean that it fits the category. -_-
I voted Dewelopers for every video category except Best First and Best MEP. Image
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2007”