AVRIL LAVIGNE

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:17 am

I wouldn't. She looks too pissed all the time. Who knows if she decided to bite something off or whatever.

Meh, I know some people would even consider that worthwhile, but... :roll:

(wtf?)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Mahotsukai_Hanajima
Org Profile

Post by Mahotsukai_Hanajima » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:21 pm

I cant really help but act emotionally... Im 13 years old and i DO in fact have medical problems relating to emotions. Im bi polar have ADHD and have depression. Im getting better, but still so far from my goal... Anywho ya. ~Mahotsukai Shea
~Boredom~

pink_hedgehog
Org Profile

Post by pink_hedgehog » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:34 pm

You can be emotional and not be ashamed of it, and you can act emotional too but just remember that not everyone is going to like what you like or agree with you. Some people even post here just to screw with you and make you emotional, that is their main goal, to piss the people off that dont like what they like. You just always have to be prepared for negative comments from at least one person everytime. Build up a skin for insults to your music and anime taste. here is the best place for it. People dont like the kind of music I like (nu-metal&metal) and I dont have a wide range of animes Im into, Inuyasha and the FLCL mangas, so I get some harassing for that... and Im 18 so Ive built up a "been-bullied-for-my-whole-life" skin, so you can insult me forever.. Ive heard em all before :D

Dont take it too hard... theyre computer insults, just brush it off, everyone has their own tastes

Jace Tsunami
Org Profile

Post by Jace Tsunami » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:39 am

All I have to say is Avril Lavigne does not represent any musical talent what so ever.

If you really like her songs that much, that you feel she's helping you realize some extreme new love and appreciation for music, don't confuse her inspiration in you for talent from her.

If you think you really love music after getting attatched to avril lavigne, my advise is to listen to some music that you know is credible enough that it just HAS to be good. This music is most oftenly a band of older people, that has had several albums, several years of recognition, and several world renown rewards.

Now you're only 13, I'm a lot older than you so I can't say for sure which bands these might be for you. My first guess and biggest suggestion to you would be No Doubt. They're slightly before your time, but I'm sure you've recognized them. You should go pick up or download all of No Doubts first albums from their early years, and REALLY listen deep to the actual music, the lyrics, the mood set, the style, the message, everything about them.

I think this would help you recognize and understand talent. If not No Doubt, think of some other band you've always heared great things about but never got around to checking out. When I was young I was always hearing radiohead but never looked into them. when I got older and really into music I took the time, and I'm glad I did.

Anyways, my point is check out some real music, that you know is real music.
http://www.punkaddict.com

myspace.com/punkaddict

bum
Org Profile

Post by bum » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:15 am

Im gona go against what JT has aid and say this. Listenn to what you want, Doesnt amtter what it is long as you enjoy it. Music doesnt have to be deep, or meaningfull. You dont have to find an innter being and somewhat discover the truh about yourself through music. Just have fun with it, whatever it is that you enjoy.

THough I'l agree with JT's no doubt sujection. They're an awsome band. If ya havnet heard of them, ya've surely heard of Gwen Stephani. She used to be the bands lead singer.

Manganate
Org Profile

Post by Manganate » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:12 am

Now you're only 13, I'm a lot older than you so I can't say for sure which bands these might be for you. My first guess and biggest suggestion to you would be No Doubt. They're slightly before your time, but I'm sure you've recognized them.
Could go with Weezer as well...hell I was listening to Weezer when I was 13...

You know what...it doesn't matter, whatever you can get down to. You're 13, it's a good time to just enjoy music...you have basically your entire life ahead of you to become jaded to the music industry, develop a specific taste and an arrogant opinion on music styles later. Isn't that something great to look forward to? :)
Imperturbable is my depth, and it sparkles with swimming riddles and laughter - Nietzsche

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:44 am

Heh, yea. It's never too early to start though.

When I was 13, I thought I knew everything about music. The fact that my dad is a professional classical player kinda helped, too. I'd listen to, you know, stuff somewhere between classical and classic rock (Queen, Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and so on), and act all superior and, I dare say, actually more arrogant than I do now.

Then around the time I was 17, I heard something and the top of my head was gone. All my presumed understanding of music went out the window and was under heavy restructuring in the next 2-3 years.

Go figure :roll:
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Mahotsukai_Hanajima
Org Profile

Post by Mahotsukai_Hanajima » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:13 pm

Err uh i hate no doubt... I like Avril Because i like the songs she writes. I like the lyrics. Plus Avril herself is a cool person to me. I wish i could be skater but im to dep plus i cant skate for crap... Im a goth by the way. How old r u guys??? ~Shea
~Boredom~

Jace Tsunami
Org Profile

Post by Jace Tsunami » Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:02 pm

Alright, this is where I realize how I've forgotten how much I hate kids. I should have realized this back when you were talking about your mental disorders, yet some how I overlooked all that. Its like this, kids are stupid. I hate stupid people.

You completely missed the point of my post, which was so so so clear, and meantioned a million times.

So here's where I choose to be an asshole, prepare for your bubble to be bursted.

I work in the music industry, like with major record labels and all that shit. I know the following for FACTS

1. Avril Lavigne does NOT write her own music.

2. She is NOT skater, she doesn't know how to skate for shit. She just likes cute skater "boi"s who CAN.

3. She hardly even knows how to play guitar, when she got famous she barely knew how to strum a few chords.

4. She grew up a succsesfull child country singer which is the ONLY reason why she had any heads turned her way when she said she wanted to start her own solo POP music. If she didn't already have a world renowned voice, shed be nothing right now just like she should be.

5. Major labels BUILT her, so they can make money off dumb kids like you. They tell her how to act, what to wear, what to say, what to do, write her lyrics for her, hire real musicians to write her music. She is a FAKE.

6. Finnaly, and I hope this makes you cry since you seem to place so much value on labels. If you like avril you are NOT goth. Just because you like to dress in dark clothing and listen to music while you cry to yourself about trying to relate, does not mean you're goth. If anything you're just a little emo bitch.

And yes for anyone who wants to say it, you don't have to. I'm an asshole.
http://www.punkaddict.com

myspace.com/punkaddict

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:43 pm

Shhh. Jace doesn't know anything about music. He just likes to type a lot. Plus, he makes bad paper cranes so he can't be japanese.

As for Avril, opinions are opinions, some more well founded than others but it's all relative. I'd rather listen to her than some of the stuff that's been recognized as "music" by people who I could care less about.

Return to “General Discussion”