RDS Radio anywhere?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
GreenT
Org Profile

RDS Radio anywhere?

Post by GreenT » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:14 am

Hey, I'm looking for recordings of RDS radio from forever ago. Anyone got them available anywhere?

Thanks

seasons
Org Profile

Re: RDS Radio anywhere?

Post by seasons » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:36 pm

What is RDS radio?
Radio Data System (RDS) is a communications protocol standard for embedding small amounts of digital information in conventional FM radio broadcasts. RDS standardizes several types of information transmitted, including time, station identification and program information.

The standard began as a project of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), but has since become an international standard of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).

Radio Broadcast Data System (RBDS) is the official name used for the U.S. version of RDS.[1] The two standards are only slightly different.

Both carry data at 1,187.5 bits per second on a 57 kHz subcarrier, so there are exactly 48 cycles of subcarrier during every data bit. The RBDS/RDS subcarrier was set to the third harmonic of the 19 kHz FM stereo pilot tone to minimize interference and intermodulation between the data signal, the stereo pilot and the 38 kHz DSB-SC stereo difference signal. (The stereo difference signal extends up to 38 kHz + 15 kHz = 53 kHz, leaving 4 kHz for the lower sideband of the RDS signal.)

The data is sent with error correction. RDS defines many features including how private (in-house) or other undefined features can be "packaged" in unused program groups.
This doesn't actually help me!

GreenT
Org Profile

Post by GreenT » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Haha sorry, Random Destination Studios, they were a group of AMV editors that did like a weekly (using this word loosely) radio show. I have some files, but not all, was just wondering if anyone had any backups of them anywhere :)

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:18 pm

Thank You Heavy Machine Gun?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:16 am

RDS hasn't been doing radio in many, many years. I am not entirely sure if they were saved as podcasts, but I suppose I can ask around...
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:08 pm

I have six episodes on my hard drive and I don't know why. I don't even know if I've listened to any of them before. I don't even know if any of them is the one in which they finally played the song I made for them in 2006, all the way at the end of the episode. And they're all rather big files, ranging from 37.6 MB to 72.9 MB.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:48 am

ZephyrStar says he has all of them, so hopefully, we'll be able to find what GreenT is looking for.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General Discussion”