RIP Keith Flint of The Prodigy

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

RIP Keith Flint of The Prodigy

Post by Kionon » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:59 am

Keith Flint of the band The Prodigy has passed away.

In his honor, here is a classic Hellsing AMV to Breathe:

ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Re: RIP Keith Flint of The Prodigy

Post by seasons » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:46 am

I really want this thread to have 100 replies but even I don’t know where to start

I’ve seen this mentioned way more than I ever expected online. He had a lot of fans and people had stories about him and what him and The Prodigy meant to them. He’s also worked a lot more in the last 20 years than I would have expected and it’s good to see this band is still making new music that’s trying new stuff and not just playing the hits. Of course I love those hits and I did associate them with a certain time in my life and I think they still stand for exciting new directions in pop/rock/dance music.

I’ve always love “Firestarter” more than “Breathe” but to each their own! He also sang the last song on that album and it slays.

I wanted less aggressive music after a while and kind of got into music that happened to be made by exclusively faceless sort of people, I still could never stop loving this, tho

Prodigy made one terrible song that made me stop listening to them, there was a really nice run for a while there. I know I have a favorite Prodigy AMV, surely I must, let’s see.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:23 am

I'm not typically a fan of that style of music. Prodigy was an exception, specifically when they moved Keith from a backup dancer (I KNOW RIGHT?!!) to lead vocalist. He was insanely talented and a performer and rock star in the truest sense. And I think it was this sincerity, that he just left it all out there on the stage or in the music video that people like me (and others) really felt.

He was an Artist (TM) and that spoke to people.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:49 pm

Took me long enough to remember it but I really liked this video a lot. It's very tongue in cheek, or at least that was how I enjoyed it.

It's no longer on YouTube, I think it got a takedown because of the music.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:40 pm

This was a very good MEP, imho.

Return to “General Discussion”