I have always wanted to be a part of the community but I'm a bit lost

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
MrTiredEyes
Org Profile

I have always wanted to be a part of the community but I'm a bit lost

Post by MrTiredEyes » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:36 pm

Quite frankly, I'm a bit lost. I have a lot of videos that I'd like to share! I've always wanted to be involved with other editors like me, and I was just nervous to do it, I guess? So yeah I've got loads of AMVs I'd like to share with like minded people and I'm still familiarizing myself with everything! The forum is honestly a fantastic resource even for seasoned AMV creators <3
Plus meeting people in itself is quite a challenge, but it's v nice to meet you all when I do!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: I have always wanted to be a part of the community but I'm a bit loat

Post by Kireblue » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:52 pm

Welcome to the site!. If you have any questions feel free to check out the FAQs or send me a message :awesome:
viewforum.php?f=141

And If you want to post your videos in the AMV Announcement and Feedback forum, just make sure to catalog them first
Kireblue wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:17 pm
Q: How do I catalog and upload videos to this site?

To catalog a video, go to the “Enter New Video” page located in the “Editors” dropdown menu located on the left side column of the main site. Once you follow the steps listed on the page, and enter all the required information, you will then be able to “request upload permission” by going the the “Upload A Video” page that's also located in the “Editors” dropdown menu. Once you do this, you will have the option to either use the site's web uploader or to upload your video through a FTP client with the information that will be displayed after you request upload permission.

Information specifically on how to use the web uploader can be found here.
Instructions on how to upload videos using a FTP client can be found here.

MrTiredEyes
Org Profile

Post by MrTiredEyes » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:00 pm

aw heck I typoed in the title
lost**
Thank you! I've started to catalog them, but my videos are all a bit too large to request upload permission. I'm currently trying to get everything set up so I can upload all of my videos I've made over the years! I'm currently working on decompressing them :oops:

I do at least have a couple simpler questions. Can I upload non anime MVs to my catalogue? And would Avatar: The Last Airbender and Kingdom Hearts be allowed on the database?

MrTiredEyes
Org Profile

Post by MrTiredEyes » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Update, I've figured everything out but gotta do some final steps that may take a while. And I figured out the answers to my previous questions!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: I have always wanted to be a part of the community but I'm a bit lost

Post by Kireblue » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:27 am

If you need to re-encode your videos to a smaller format, AMVTool is good for that. You can see the thread for it here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=129470

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: I have always wanted to be a part of the community but I'm a bit lost

Post by Kionon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:19 pm

MrTiredEyes wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:36 pm
Quite frankly, I'm a bit lost. I have a lot of videos that I'd like to share! I've always wanted to be involved with other editors like me, and I was just nervous to do it, I guess? So yeah I've got loads of AMVs I'd like to share with like minded people and I'm still familiarizing myself with everything! The forum is honestly a fantastic resource even for seasoned AMV creators <3
Plus meeting people in itself is quite a challenge, but it's v nice to meet you all when I do!
The Org has definitely slowed down since its heyday in the mid-2000s, but a lot of editors, even if they hang out elsewhere or do other things now, still tend to swing back around from time to time. We have a lot of lurkers or visitors that visit just to check in every few months. So people are always around.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General Discussion”