Hatsune Miku!!! What have I been missing???!!!

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Jedinovice
Org Profile

Hatsune Miku!!! What have I been missing???!!!

Post by Jedinovice » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:00 am

Oh wow! I have recently discovered Hatsune Miku!!! :shock:

What have I been missing???!!! Ok, for those who got there before me, don’t answer. I have found out. :lol:

Er, for those who do not know who I am talking about… Hatsune Miku is one of Japan’s leading Pop Idols. Her style and appearance are somewhat… unique. I uploaded this sample from a live concert.
https://youtu.be/Y5LQLtxtYwE
[Er, the count is to 39. You’ll see what I mean.]

I am too busy this year setting up my new business and I have no money with all the set up costs - especially with the need to extend my visa this year - but next year.. if Miku comes here in concert… I am gunning for a Platinum ticket!!! And I NEVER go concerts!!!
Video editing on Kdenlive in Mint Linux KDE 17.0
H/W: An ASUS X200 dirt cheap Dual core atom n2840 at 2.16GHz
...and they said it couldn't be done!!! :lol:

darkfiretkd
Org Profile

Re: Hatsune Miku!!! What have I been missing???!!!

Post by darkfiretkd » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:18 pm

You missed a great era my friend.... I used to play project diva games on my psp during my highschool days.... not so sure if vocaloid is still a thing nowadays
Freelancer / Part-time AMV.MAD Editor/ Part-time Traveller/ Taekwondo Enthusiast (2nd Dan Black Belt)
I am Chinese Filipino 🇨🇳🇵🇭 (Fujian, China Origin and Filipino Origin) / Deng Xiao Thought ~ 致富光荣 ~
BILIBILI (Mainland China) /Youtube / BILIBILI TV (South East Asia)

darkfiretkd
Org Profile

Post by darkfiretkd » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:16 am

^^
not sure if it's supposed to be a grammar correction on my initial statement above. thank you anyways for the insights.

but to share some info my friend Miku has been the core reason.

fun fact: Bilibili site was originally a Miku-intended fan website, to begin with. Now it's the Youtube of China (at least for GENZ and Millenial people) and a great rival of Youtube in South East Asia with its South East Asia global release version.
Freelancer / Part-time AMV.MAD Editor/ Part-time Traveller/ Taekwondo Enthusiast (2nd Dan Black Belt)
I am Chinese Filipino 🇨🇳🇵🇭 (Fujian, China Origin and Filipino Origin) / Deng Xiao Thought ~ 致富光荣 ~

MrMachina
Org Profile

Post by MrMachina » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:40 pm

Yes, Hatsune Miku was really amazing when she came out, just because Vocaloid was such a cool new tech.

Wait till you find out about all the other Vocaloids out there! :D The vocals can start to grate on you after a while but some people create some really cool music with it.

darkfiretkd
Org Profile

Post by darkfiretkd » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:14 am

MrMachina wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:40 pm
Yes, Hatsune Miku was really amazing when she came out, just because Vocaloid was such a cool new tech.

Wait till you find out about all the other Vocaloids out there! :D The vocals can start to grate on you after a while but some people create some really cool music with it.

^^
well, it was a cool tech a decade ago.. even now it still is impressive in this decade.. I can recall Japan got a lot of criticism from its neighbors during the ABU TV Song Festival 2020 (Asian Song Festival) which is equivalent to Eurovision from the western world.

All participant countries within Asia mostly participated and sent their local artists (which kinda typical of the event) while Japan sent A virtual Idol which was Miku on the event.. many criticize Japan but many where also amazed by them.

Though one thing I can agree upon Japan was a pioneer innovator in Asia.. but it seems that they have been stagnating lately and the technology of China and Korea is slowly surpassing them in every field.

They tend to be traditional anyway like in the work environment they still use fax machines they seem to have adapted to the 2000's era technology and would not want to adjust to the changing era of AI.

MrMachina
Org Profile

Post by MrMachina » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:53 pm

darkfiretkd wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:14 am

^^
well, it was a cool tech a decade ago.. even now it still is impressive in this decade.. I can recall Japan got a lot of criticism from its neighbors during the ABU TV Song Festival 2020 (Asian Song Festival) which is equivalent to Eurovision from the western world.

All participant countries within Asia mostly participated and sent their local artists (which kinda typical of the event) while Japan sent A virtual Idol which was Miku on the event.. many criticize Japan but many where also amazed by them.

Though one thing I can agree upon Japan was a pioneer innovator in Asia.. but it seems that they have been stagnating lately and the technology of China and Korea is slowly surpassing them in every field.

They tend to be traditional anyway like in the work environment they still use fax machines they seem to have adapted to the 2000's era technology and would not want to adjust to the changing era of AI.
I have never heard of the ABU TV Song Festival! I check out Eurovision every year but this is new to me.

I definitely have to check it out.

I do remember seeing the initial live performances of Hatsune Miku and seeing the reaction. Everyone thought that virtual idols would be the next big thing but it never really took off.

Now it's AI and deepfakes and virtual people that actually look real. Compared to that, Vocaloid is clunky.

darkfiretkd
Org Profile

Post by darkfiretkd » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:24 pm

MrMachina wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:53 pm

I have never heard of the ABU TV Song Festival! I check out Eurovision every year but this is new to me.

I definitely have to check it out.
^^

Ah yes, I would highly recommend checking it out. It is kinda similar to Eurovision. but in ABU Festival only Asia-Pacific/ South Asia and Central Asia are allowed to participate and to some extent Australia (not sure why they are included) .. with the Abu festival 2022 just recently concluded I am excited and waiting for 2023 this year entry.

Some of best entries so far through the Decade in ABU Asia Festival

Nursultan Zhexenbin - I'm Inflamed (Kazakhstan) - ABU TV Song Festival 2018

Perfume - Spring of Life (Japan) - ABU TV Song Festival 2012

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Fashion Monster - ABU TV Song Festival 2016

Kayee Tam - Puppet (Hong Kong) - ABU TV Song Festival 2016

A.R. Rahman - Mausam & Escape/Jai Ho! (India) - ABU TV Song Festival 2019

Taemin - Idea (Korea Republic) - ABU TV Song Festival 2020

Aoi Eir - Ignite (Japan) - ABU TV Song Festival 2018

Return to “General Discussion”