Looking for a short anime clip I can use with a proper license.

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
PompiPompi
Org Profile

Looking for a short anime clip I can use with a proper license.

Post by PompiPompi » Mon May 09, 2016 1:46 pm

I made a video editing app and I made a feature where you mark a character with a brush in the first frame and then it attempts to cut it off for the rest of the movie and create a quicktime movie with that cut out character and a transparency backgroung.

I want some short anime clip I can test and make a video demo I can upload for youtube but also take out screens for the Apple store.
The issue is that I just cannot use a copyrighted material as far as I can tell...
Do you know of any public domain or a royalty free(with small payment) anime I can use for both youtube and the Apple store screenshot?

If you can shed some light on this license issue regarding youtube and the Apple app store.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Looking for a short anime clip I can use with a proper license.

Post by Mol » Mon May 09, 2016 2:05 pm

i think you should be fine with few frames as animation of character usually is a few frames anyway :P might want to ask some animator on yt for allowance , and use custom animation ;p
Still better than that MMO.

PompiPompi
Org Profile

Post by PompiPompi » Mon May 09, 2016 2:28 pm

Well in youtube it might be fine but on the Apple store they are extremely strict though... so I don't want my app to be removed because of that.
Do you know of any royalty free websites with anime movies or clips?
I have seen some royalty free websites but they don't have a lot of good stuff(if any) on the anime section...

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon May 09, 2016 3:33 pm

doubt you will find much , maybe 3d. I would just say what app does and link it to example in store P:
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “General Discussion”