Japanese visualize westerners like demon since hundreds year

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Haru244
Org Profile

Japanese visualize westerners like demon since hundreds year

Post by Haru244 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:03 pm

Japanese visualize westerners like demon since hundreds of years ago to this day

http://antiwesterncosplayers.blogspot.j ... rners.html

What do you think?

MrSharingan
Org Profile

Re: Japanese visualize westerners like demon since hundreds

Post by MrSharingan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 pm

Very stupid blog...
I bet the blogger himself is a westerner.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:14 am

Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:31 am

Coming out of the ether to say: this person is clearly not Japanese, and if they're not Japanese, they shouldn't speak for Japanese. Just because you are Asian doesn't mean you get to speak for all Asians, let alone Asians of ethnic groups to which you do not belong or nationalities to which you do not belong.

And while there are some issues with the way Western European descended individuals are portrayed in some examples of Japanese media, it's not nearly the problem it is made out to be. Most of these portrayals in ads and what not mentioned by this writer get quickly criticised in Japan, both by Japanese and non-Japanese.

Also, we need to define what "Japanese" means. Japanese can certainly be the Yamato ethnic group, but legally, a Japanese person is one who holds Japanese nationality. There are a growing number of non-Yamato, and indeed non-Asian Japanese nationals. The most famous might be either Donald Keene or Marutei Tsurunen:
Donald Lawrence Keene (born June 18, 1922) is an American-born Japanese scholar, historian, teacher, writer and translator of Japanese literature. Keene is University Professor Emeritus and Shincho Professor Emeritus of Japanese Literature at Columbia University, where he taught for over fifty years. Soon after the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami, he retired from Columbia, moved to Japan permanently, and acquired citizenship under the name Kīn Donarudo (キーン ドナルド?, "Donald Keene" in the Japanese name order).
Marutei Tsurunen (ツルネン・マルテイ or 弦念 丸呈 Tsurunen Marutei, born 30 April 1940) is the first foreign-born Japanese of European origin serving as a member of the Diet of Japan. He is a member of the Democratic Party of Japan, where he serves as Director General of the International Department. He served in the House of Councillors from 2001 to 2013.
The first pre-modern Japanese national of European descent might be Anjin, the English sailor whose life inspired the novel Shogun. The first modern Japanese nation of European descent was Lafcadio Hearn.

tl;dr This person is an idiot who doesn't understand that one can be socioculturally and legally Japanese, and even rise the the upper house of the Japanese parliament or the top of academia without being of Asian or Yamato origin.

Source: I'm in the process of naturalising to Japan.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:56 pm

The org is dead, haven't you heard? It's all necroposting!
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General Discussion”