Most underrated JRPG of all time.

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Most underrated JRPG of all time.

Post by Sephirothskr » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 am

This makes me upset that barely anyone has ever played the gift of the game that is "Radiata Stories." I got this game when it released in 2006, and ever since then, it is one of my favorite games of all time. But you've never even heard of it I bet. It's published by Square Enix and developed by Tri Ace (Star Ocean devs). This games story, characters, setting, it's all so loveable. Once your past the first... 2 hours? Maybe less, it becomes essentially a free roam with all sorts of lore and detail to go and explore. The game doesn't have any collectibles, but in a way it does. I find this to be a HELL of a lot of fun too. Basically, almost EVERY SINGLE NPC is recruitable. But here's the catch, they don't tell you how to recruit them. So going out and trying to get every single npc to join your cause (Btw, there's a party of I believe 4 at a time) is so much fun. Not just recruiting the people, but the quests/side quests or back stories involved getting these people make it such a rich experience on top of the already great story. It's definitely a challenge to recruit everyone, a pain in the ass sometimes too. But when you spend all game getting every character to get the baddest of them all on your team, you get such a feeling of satisfaction. I easily can get well over 80+ hours on this game.

It's just such a dissapointment how underrated it is. Some people don't like the combat (Which is in a sense, real time) because it is a little dated at this point, but the overall experience makes it all so worth while. This game was released on the Ps2 so I highly recommend using an emulator or going and getting a physical copy for yourself. Truly is a marvel to behold in my eyes.

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Re: Most underrated JRPG of all time.

Post by Jwalk0 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Excellent game, and Tri-Ace always makes fantastic and innovative battle systems, this one is no exception. Kotaku just did an article about it. http://kotaku.com/15-more-obscure-rpgs- ... 1625628285
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:37 pm

I love it so much. And that opening anime sequence makes me wonder why there never was an anime spin off.

FallenMarvel
For Dreams I Stand
Org Profile

Post by FallenMarvel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:42 pm

Sounds like a good one. I can't say I've heard of the title, but I just may pick it up.
Instead of just saying something, have something to say.

Return to “General Discussion”