R.I.P NME

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

R.I.P NME

Post by ngsilver » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:03 pm

I never spent much time with Sam or really got to know him, but what conversations I did have with him were thought provoking and enjoyable. I'll miss the chance to have those with him. RIP.
ImageImageImageImage

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Re: R.I.P NME

Post by NS » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:35 pm

I just wish I woulda kept up with him more, last time I actually talked to him was probably close to a year ago, not including just typing on skype linking music to each other... RIP Sam

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:30 pm

I've been going around town telling everyone about my old internet friend from Canada.

Sam was a genius.

He doesn't exactly make it very easy on us though. On one hand I'd like to treat it like a normal death for my own sake but NME was also a pretty brutally funny and honest dude, so maybe he'd like to see less sappiness.

I'm also really thankful to Joey for taking on all these hard jobs about telling people and connecting with the family. Without his dedication all of this would've been a lot more confusing and harder to cope with.

kyle_m
Org Profile

Post by kyle_m » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:10 am

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:51 am

He could prickly at times, but was never malicious and I loved that about him. I'll miss you, compadre.

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am

RIP, NME...

Pie Row Maniac
Org Profile

Post by Pie Row Maniac » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:55 pm

I'm really sorry to hear about this. My condolences to his family. :(

I always enjoyed his brutal honesty. If I ever needed it, even on non-AMV things, he was willing to dish it out. He was one of the first guys I met here at the Org, in the old AIM chat. Our chats dwindled over time as I slipped from the community. I'm sad to say I only ever met the guy once, at SakuraCon 2003, my first convention. Him, me, Wuwu, Dannywilson and Zerophite just meandered around, with him and DW ragging on just about everything and everyone we came across. Looking back, it's a fun memory.

Here's to you, man. :beer:
Image Image

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Ingow wrote:I've been going around town telling everyone about my old internet friend from Canada.

Sam was a genius.

He doesn't exactly make it very easy on us though. On one hand I'd like to treat it like a normal death for my own sake but NME was also a pretty brutally funny and honest dude, so maybe he'd like to see less sappiness.

I'm also really thankful to Joey for taking on all these hard jobs about telling people and connecting with the family. Without his dedication all of this would've been a lot more confusing and harder to cope with.
As much as I'd like to take credit for that, we have to be thankful to Kham. He's the one who got in touch with the family.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:12 am

Haven't always been on the best terms with him but I respect him for what he represented to people. My condolences to friends and family.

You choose Sam,the rest
Org Profile

Post by You choose Sam,the rest » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Back when we were just starting to figure out how to edit video and music together what struck me about Sam was his willingness to try this brand new thing called AMVs. At the time we didn't understand a lot of things about it such as how to rip DVDs, concepts about video editing and so forth. We just...made shit that we found amusing at the time. I still remember fondly showing a rough cut of a video where Shinji kicks a sand castle when the lyrics mentioned 'building castles in the sun'

The world lost a man of great wit and intelligence in 2013. It has been my great fortune that I could call Sam my friend throughout the years good and bad. Thanks to him I was able to expand my mind and enrich my life in a way that I certainly didn't have the foresight to see at the time.

Without Sam there would be no wuwu or any of our antics. Without him I wouldn't have met so many people here (too many to list really) and look back fondly.

It is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to a great friend.

Hail to the king, baby

Return to “General Discussion”