R.I.P NME

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

R.I.P NME

Post by dreamawake » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:18 pm

So I just recently found out (later than I would've liked to) that Sam has passed away. He apparently got sick and when he wasn't coming up for dinner his mom came down and found him. Sam was my best friend, and my mentor. I'll never meet another person like him, and I will keep his memory alive by any and all means possible. A lot of the DZ camp is going through it with me right now, but I know Sam has been around this site since 02, and there are surely members who were tight with him that I don't know about.

I'm planning to start a memorial project in his memory next week, if anybody would like to contribute, just get at me.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/vancou ... =168383380

His obituary can be found here, if you were a friend of Sam's, please leave a post in the guestbook for his family to see. I can't even imagine the kind of pain they're going through right now.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Re: R.I.P NME

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:30 pm

I've been a bit down these last few days after hearing about the news as well. He was a regular member of the old AIM chatroom and been here almost as long as I have. Didn't really get know him very well all these years but it was never a dull moment when he was around. It's a real shame :\

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:51 pm

This is a real shame, NME was a great guy and will be missed. I still remember when he setup the Tornado Vasectomy project and coordinated the whole deal. Good times and sad deal...

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:53 pm

My condolences to his family and friends. It's difficult when anyone passes away, especially someone as young as he was. He'll be remembered and missed.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:05 pm

wha.... ?!

I remember meeting Sam at AWA 2004 and seeing him again at AWA 2007 where he lost a ton of weight to the point where I didn't even recognize him.

He was always a great guy to talk to and I enjoyed his wittiness here on the .org.

He will be truly missed. :cry: :cry: :cry:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:16 pm

:(

I never got to meet him, but I thought I knew him pretty well. I'd already missed talking to him on a regular basis, but I never thought he'd be gone this soon. This is awful.

Gonna miss you, Sam.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:17 pm

Sam and the rest of the DZ crew were some of the very first good friends I made in this community when I had no one to really turn to. Sam was very supportive and encouraging and I enjoyed talking with him about all kinds of things. I'm gonna miss having him around. I'm grateful that I had the chance to know him as a friend. :cry:

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:11 pm

:( RIP

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:32 pm

The last convo me and Sam had wasn't all that great... I remember we got in an argument about something stupid a couple months ago. It's not how I wanted Sam to remember me by.
RIP Sam.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:32 pm

RIP NME

Return to “General Discussion”