any emo members/videos out there?

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
zerogravitystudios
Org Profile

any emo members/videos out there?

Post by zerogravitystudios » Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:53 pm

anyone know any good videos by any emo punk bands? ex.. midtown, thursday, nfg, fenix tx, the starting line...

zero gravity
http://www.rpgs.s5.com

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:37 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

uhhhh thats what the search feature is for buddy

*strikes cool pose* 8)
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

afleetinghope
Org Profile

Post by afleetinghope » Sat Jul 20, 2002 12:06 pm

NFG *barf* & Thursday are not emo. :roll:

moooooo
Org Profile

Post by moooooo » Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:55 pm

Emo = beaten to death years ago.

Dashboard Confessional is the antichrist.
Poor poor emo. :(
Wheres the crying emoticon? That would be perfect for this thread.
Are you down with the sound of the Devil's town?

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:26 pm

here it is :cry: and emo has gone to hell...not that i liked it much in the first place.

and NFG calls itself Pop Punk. Can anyone say oxymoron

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

most "emo" nowadays...bleh
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:32 pm

I think <a href="http://www.songmeanings.net/showsong.php?id=77908">this song</a> has some meaning here.
I'm out...

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Sat Jul 20, 2002 6:59 pm

That's the problem with kids today!! They have no idea what different genres are, so they use them interchangeably. Punk, Rock, Hardcore, Nu-Metal, Emo...what's the difference, right?! *Sigh* Today's popular music lacks a definition, and direction. I mean, I remember seeing a post on the ORG forums about 5 months ago, where a kid asked "Does anyone like punk? Like Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Blink 182?" *Retch* Kids lack edjamakashun, it's sad really. It makes me a sad Duckula :cry:
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

moooooo
Org Profile

Post by moooooo » Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:17 pm

Rozard wrote:That's the problem with kids today!! They have no idea what different genres are, so they use them interchangeably. Punk, Rock, Hardcore, Nu-Metal, Emo...what's the difference, right?! *Sigh* Today's popular music lacks a definition, and direction. I mean, I remember seeing a post on the ORG forums about 5 months ago, where a kid asked "Does anyone like punk? Like Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, Blink 182?" *Retch* Kids lack edjamakashun, it's sad really. It makes me a sad Duckula :cry:
I kinda agree with you, but everything is up to interpretation to a certain extent. I mean the big problem with all of it is that things like emo and hardcore are derived from punk, so whose to say if it is punk, or emo or hardcore. For example NFG and everytime I die sound absolutly nothing alike, but if someone told me they were both punk rock, I can't totally disagree.

Then you could argue whose what subgenre of a subgenre of a subgenre based on their ideas, ethics and politics alone, but that makes everything just so much more confusing. Not too mention bands pretty much hate being pigeonholed into a genre anyway.

Basically, its just all rock n roll.
Are you down with the sound of the Devil's town?

Return to “General Discussion”