The Happy Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
kenisama
Org Profile

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by kenisama » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 pm

My son didn't believe I use to make AMVs, which prompted me to bring him here and show him all of my cringe videos. It brought a tear to my eye lol
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:03 pm

kenisama wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 pm
My son didn't believe I use to make AMVs, which prompted me to bring him here and show him all of my cringe videos. It brought a tear to my eye lol
How old is your son? I just find it funny that you showed him your page with a "bitch be tripping balls" poster on it :asd: .

kenisama
Org Profile

Post by kenisama » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:47 am

Kireblue wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:03 pm
kenisama wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:09 pm
How old is your son? I just find it funny that you showed him your page with a "bitch be tripping balls" poster on it :asd: .
Don't think I showed him that, but damn my page is dated and long over due for an update lol

My son is 15 y/o btw.
George Orwell wrote:People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Kokoro Hane
Org Profile

Post by Kokoro Hane » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:04 pm

That heat wave has staved off (for now), which has allowed me to feel productive again! I'm finally resuming a couple of my game dev projects (one VN, one RPG). Cut 3 batches of voice acting for the demo of the VN. I also got the updated tool for making custom soundsets for Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, and in December I'll probably finally release these sets! I am so proud of my team, their voice acting sounds like it always belonged in the game ~

Also I'm gonna do some serious AMV editing. Just getting my clips prepared, and will enter some contests.... especially excited for when the preliminaries here at the Org starts! 13 years of editing and I will FINALLY be sharing something!

AmphoraGrow
Org Profile

Post by AmphoraGrow » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:13 am

My new headphones came! The old earphones I was using had an issue, when I used them in conjunction with Binaural Beats, so this is a welcome change. Music sounds so much better now, too! Now, I can meditate, and my Cyber Security course is starting tomorrow. Life is looking up!

AfroMusicVideoWizard
Org Profile

Post by AfroMusicVideoWizard » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:02 pm

This Sunday I was closing the grocery store department by myself. I was surrounded by a long moment of quiet and it made me realize something. I forgot who I was these past 12 months. I strayed away from the road that was set before me in pursuit of popularity. I've been obsessing over the internet and not my true passions. I've been becoming lax in my artform and focusing on a digital footprint. And all it took was a single night of work and a time of silence to hear that echo of a quote I heard from back when I was in high school.
"I can see Earl doing animation for the rest of his life and enjoying it."
That teacher and that friend knew me before I even knew myself. She wrote my story before I knew what was next. I am 30 years old now, I heard those words 12 years ago, I've been making music videos for 10 years, and I aim to do it for another 10 years. Because I owe it to her that those words were not ruled by pretentiousness or ignorance but by faith and love. I love anime, I love video art, I love video editing, and it's time I remind myself what all of that feels like again.
"A magnum opus does not exist. If it did, every artist would only have one painting." - Earl Dube

Return to “General Discussion”