Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Emilyxi
Org Profile

Re: Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

Post by Emilyxi » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:51 am

Kionon wrote:
Emilyxi wrote:I am Emily a random girl with bad editing software that struggles to make decent amv's without extra video effects. and I joined just today and have no idea how i should upload my amvs here *generally confused by the guidelines* and i love playing the drums. and if you really wanna know yes I am a girl and I am 18 years old.
Hi Emily, welcome to the Org.

I've been editing for twenty years and I still struggle to make decent AMVs without extra video effects. The important questions, however, would seem to be: are you having fun and are you interested in improving? If you answered yes, you're in the right hobby and in the right place.

As to uploading, well... we still use an old method called FTP. It hasn't aged well in comparison to modern-day "drag and drop" uploading experiences like you've largely grown up with and so it might seem daunting at first. It actually isn't that hard once you do it. Start here. Then go here. And if you get lost, there's an entire guide here. Eventually we hope to implement a very intuitive drag and drop upload method ourselves.

I'm also a girl. Many of the most active editors are and have been. Compared to the perception of other technical hobbies, I think we've done a pretty good job of being gender balanced. That doesn't mean this was always true, but it generally is now.
I hit a wall imediatly, my amv after exporting was at 510mb so ofc I compressed the video and I got it at a nice 183 mb without losing too much quality but now when I look at the Ftp uploading thing it says max 150mb... any ideas on what I can do?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:28 am

Emilyxi wrote:I am Emily a random girl with bad editing software that struggles to make decent amv's without extra video effects. and I joined just today and have no idea how i should upload my amvs here *generally confused by the guidelines* and i love playing the drums. and if you really wanna know yes I am a girl and I am 18 years old.
Here is the link to the Site FAQ. Hopefully that will answer most of your questions viewtopic.php?f=15&t=125099

And here is the specifc FAQ question about uploading videos viewtopic.php?p=1546652#p1546652
Site FAQ wrote:
Kireblue wrote:Q: How do I catalog and upload videos to this site?

To catalog a video, go to the “Enter New Video” page located in the “Editors” dropdown menu located on the left side column of the main site. Once you follow the steps listed on the page, and enter all the required information, you will then be able to “request upload permission” by going the the “Upload A Video” page that's also located in the “Editors” dropdown menu. Once you do this, you will have the option to either use the site's web uploader or to upload your video through a FTP client with the information that will be displayed after you request upload permission.

Information specifically on how to use the web uploader can be found here.
Instructions on how to upload videos using a FTP client can be found here.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:06 am

Emilyxi wrote:I hit a wall imediatly, my amv after exporting was at 510mb so ofc I compressed the video and I got it at a nice 183 mb without losing too much quality but now when I look at the Ftp uploading thing it says max 150mb... any ideas on what I can do?
Did you ever get that file size down?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

tko03isaneditor
Org Profile

Post by tko03isaneditor » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:36 am

Fifty Pages and Eight Years Later Here i Am. Extremely late to the party! Or has it ended? Or did i only get the invite until now?

Yoh whatsup my name's Tyler/tko03isaneditor at the time of typing i'm 14 years old. going into 10th grade. and hopefully making some ok amv's!

uhhhh my discord is tko03isaneditor#2838 if you ever wanna chat or need some help with anything really!
Anirevo Marketing Team 2020

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:54 am

tko03isaneditor wrote:Fifty Pages and Eight Years Later Here i Am. Extremely late to the party! Or has it ended? Or did i only get the invite until now?

Yoh whatsup my name's Tyler/tko03isaneditor at the time of typing i'm 14 years old. going into 10th grade. and hopefully making some ok amv's!
You're only late in the sense that there has been a lot of history before you showed up, Tyler. But that's no matter.

I started editing at your age, and that was... well, a very long time ago. But I'm also a JHS teacher (7th, 8th, 9th) so sometimes it doesn't feel like all that long ago at all. I have a running joke that I turn 15 every year, forever.

We're glad to have you.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Lylaaz
Org Profile

Post by Lylaaz » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Hello there :) !
I'm Lylaaz, this is my first post here.
I joined this site in hopes of receiving better feedback of the AMVs i have made and to also give my opinions/suggestions of other's people's AMVs.
I hope i joined the right community for it? :)

Other than that, i have watched anime for about 9 years now, and my oldest AMV is 8 years old (with movie maker when i was 15, lmao), yet i have made some with very long year gaps and still self thought and i don't know much about effects. But i love to find right scenes for the lyrics, i think that's also what makes whatever video a lot lot better. Sadly i have not received much feedback so that's also the reason why i have not made many AMV. So this site is kind of ly last attempt to find any community at all to discuss AMV and etc..

Nice to meet you!

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Lylaaz wrote:my oldest AMV is 8 years old (with movie maker when i was 15, lmao)
You can create entries for your old videos here and if you want to upload any of them, you can even do that here afterwards, if you want.

Do you have a YouTube channel? What are your favorite anime series or movies?

Lylaaz
Org Profile

Post by Lylaaz » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:11 pm

seasons wrote: Do you have a YouTube channel? What are your favorite anime series or movies?
Hi! Thank you for the info and reply!
Yes, i have a youtube channel, i guess i'll share my most recent video on this forum soon. :)
I have made videos of Durarara, Attack on titan, Nagi no Asukara and Hero Academia. But those are not my only favourites. It's just that these series have shared some interesting themes and my free time :D

itscsensei
Org Profile

Post by itscsensei » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Hey I'm C Sensei check out my new anime music video with my new song "Super Drip"

Follow C Sensei
@itscsensei all platforms

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:54 pm

itscsensei wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:45 pm
Hey I'm C Sensei check out my new anime music video with my new song "Super Drip"

Follow C Sensei
@itscsensei all platforms
Hello, C Sensei. Welcome to the Org. Please enter Super Drip into the catalogue, and please check out other people's AMVs and leave them feedback. Thanks.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “General Discussion”