Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Re: Welcome to the org, introduce yourself

Post by hasteroth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:21 pm

name's Dominick. And I'm ne- I mean... Welcome!
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:22 pm

My name is Scott, and I'm addicted to coffee.

hasteroth
lost the bet
Org Profile

Post by hasteroth » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:38 am

Kashii Ai wrote:Hallo! I'm Kashii or Cassie--I will respond to either.

I'm a graphic design student from Michigan, who just got into fandom in the Summer 2009, and I've stuck with it since. My first fandom is Soul Eater, and it's where most people know me from, though I've recently gotten into the Artemis Fowl and How To Train Your Dragon fandoms as well. In addition to MVEing, I also like to write, draw and RP.

I first got into editing when I was exposed to the wonderfully talented MentalProdigy, through a friend of mine. I started watching her stuff, and in turn, the stuff of her studio, Soul Patrol, and I couldn't stop. I received my first taste of real editing when I had to make a project for school using MovieMaker, and then I got Vegas, and it all just snowballed from there.

I think the things I love the most about editing are the music, and the capacity it has for storytelling.

I have and always will love music--my iTunes library takes up about half my HD, and I'm still finding more bands to add on. XD My favorite genres of music are hard/symphony rock, hip-hop, and classical.

As for storytelling, it's my most favorite thing in the world, and it's why I love any artform, is for the story. ^^

I'm generally pretty new to it. I had no one to teach me Vegas, and I learned while making my first MV in it by clicking items and seeing what happened. I worked through it, though, and I hope I never have to go back to MovieMaker again . . . >.>

I'm here to get to know the editing community, and also to learn. There's a lot I don't know yet know about this wonderful artform, and I certainly would like to.

I'm very pleased to meet you all. :D
I like you already :P

Was that too creepy...? Can I redo that? No? Fsck.

Well welcome to the org!
<Hacchinya> Stirspeare: ambassador of gaysex
<Stirspeare> Hacchinya: God's own ambassador.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 am

Mr. Moonbeam wrote:My name is Scott, and I'm addicted to coffee.
My name is George, and I like Scott.

Also, cheers and welcome KopiusFew, AeroRyuu, Bardon, Ohimeni, Ricky and Kashii Ai. Always awesome to see new faces around here.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:48 am

By George! Great Scott!

ryougi-shiki
Org Profile

Post by ryougi-shiki » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:12 pm

hello guys.
I'm newbie in here.
Nice to meet you :D

JessHessing1989
Org Profile

Post by JessHessing1989 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:30 pm

hello there

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:06 am

ryougi-shiki wrote:hello guys.
I'm newbie in here.
Nice to meet you :D
JessHessing1989 wrote:hello there

Why hello!

Welcome to the .ORG, enjoy your stay.
There are complimentary cookies and juice on the counter for you to enjoy while you watch the fantastic videos.

:shark:

LegendaryEd
Org Profile

Post by LegendaryEd » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:18 am

Hello all, my name is Ed and I'm a college student living in New Jersey.

I'm fairly new to the whole editing thing, but for the past few years I have been watching intently and trying to figure out exactly how it works. At the moment, I'm in a situation where it's less about my inability to try to improve my editing, and more about my lack of resources and knowledge when it comes to ripping my material (in spite of the guides, I still manage to have trouble).

I'm hoping to stick around for a while. I've been a lurker for quite a bit, but maybe I'll start posting more, I don't know. At the moment, I'm hoping to build myself up and get the resources and ability that will allow me to compete in the next Iron Chef whenever it comes around, so that's something to work toward.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hey. Now, I'm going to go try to crack the code that is Final Fantasy IX's .STR files. (They're now .AVI, but I've gotta clean and export and whatnot...oh well)

Nice to meet you all!

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:51 am

LegendaryEd wrote:Hello all, my name is Ed and I'm a college student living in New Jersey.

I'm fairly new to the whole editing thing, but for the past few years I have been watching intently and trying to figure out exactly how it works. At the moment, I'm in a situation where it's less about my inability to try to improve my editing, and more about my lack of resources and knowledge when it comes to ripping my material (in spite of the guides, I still manage to have trouble).

I'm hoping to stick around for a while. I've been a lurker for quite a bit, but maybe I'll start posting more, I don't know. At the moment, I'm hoping to build myself up and get the resources and ability that will allow me to compete in the next Iron Chef whenever it comes around, so that's something to work toward.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hey. Now, I'm going to go try to crack the code that is Final Fantasy IX's .STR files. (They're now .AVI, but I've gotta clean and export and whatnot...oh well)

Nice to meet you all!
Another Jersey nigga? Shit, I'll help you out dude. haha

Return to “General Discussion”