The Otakon 2010 Thread (OK now panic)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
ZaCloud
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2010 Thread (OK now panic)

Post by ZaCloud » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:13 pm

Oooooh, thanks dude! :D

Not in love yet, I'll have to take it out on a few dates when my schedule allows it. But I certainly have a crush on it already. ;)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:29 pm

On those dates, ask it about its free tutorial section that includes the basics I linked, but also the other section containing over 100 extremely awesome tricks that can be utilized in various ways. I haven't even watched many of them, but I made use of the shakycam script he mentions for one of my clips in AMV Salad 4 this year. Saved me a lot of time and allowed me a LOT of control over the amount of shake by simply keyframing a slider after about... 4 minutes of setup. Was awesome.

Basically with the stuff that site sells and the tutorials they offer, you basically have training to be a professional AfterEffects user. It really is amazing.
ImageImageImage

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Holy crap! I didn't know runners up got prizes too! XD

KAWAIII. I have been DYING for Higurashi's complete DVD set for AGES now, and I've always wanted a cute model to build. ;____; Thanks so much VIC!

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Ya a big bump here, but Im really interesting in find the clanna amv that was a drama finalist. I really enjoyed it, I dont remember the title and I cant find it. Any help ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Did you try looking on the first page?
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:59 pm

Haha lol no, I didnt even realize the ballot was up there until now. I used super search with the song and anime and got no results, guess the creator hasnt upload it yet :(
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:46 pm

kireblue wrote:
gotenks794 wrote:
kireblue wrote: (especially since it seems that New York Anime Fest won't be having a AMV contest this year.)
WHAT.
Absolutely everything on their site relating to AMVs has mysteriously vanished. Since they are joining with Comic-con this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they made some changes.
It would appear your information was a bit premature...

If I'd known there would have been only thirteen finalists, I might have sent something. But, no one ever posted a thread here about it, so I kind of forgot about its existence.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Scintilla wrote:
kireblue wrote:
kireblue wrote: (especially since it seems that New York Anime Fest won't be having a AMV contest this year.)
Absolutely everything on their site relating to AMVs has mysteriously vanished. Since they are joining with Comic-con this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they made some changes.
It would appear your information was a bit premature...

If I'd known there would have been only thirteen finalists, I might have sent something. But, no one ever posted a thread here about it, so I kind of forgot about its existence.
I had made something new just for this and entered it but didn't make it as a finalist. Apparently there was something like 103 entries. However, the actual amv contest is only going to be an hour long. That coupled with the $120+ it would take to get down there and in and such is making me debate whether I really want to go this year...
ImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:59 pm

kireblue wrote:
kireblue wrote:
gotenks794 wrote: Oh. I think (IIRC) there was a similar phenomenon last year. But I cold be wrong.
I just sent them a message asking if there will be a contest this year. If I get a reply, it will probably be on Monday.
Don’t worry nothing has vanished! Any info that might have been there previously was in regards to 2009. All 2010 info about the AMV Contest should be up in the next month. Thanks!

Kim Mueller

Programming Coordinator
here is the response that I got. I guess that the window of time for submitting a video will be really small. I'll be sure to have a video ready.
After I made that original post, I decided to e-mail NYAF to be sure. And when they e-mailed me back, I posted their response in the same thread. Its actually on the same page. (page 30 http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... &start=435 ) Sorry for the confusion and misunderstandings.

Oh and, the window of time for submitting videos was only about 3 weeks. I'm surprised that they actually received over 100 entries. But unfortunately, they only received action, drama and romance videos. They had to cut all the other categories (even comedy).

Finalist list:
Spoiler :
ACTION DIVISION
This is War by Sloken18
Soul Eater Spotlight by Bebop0083
HEART CORE by JT
Black Star Rock Venus by Jennifer Lee
To Everything by EdgeWinds

DRAMA DIVISION
Awakening Curse by Hika Yagami :
Giving In by Pochomaluv
Don't Drop Your Arms Chrona by Fallingsun17