The Otakon 2010 Thread (OK now panic)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
VicBond007
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2010 Thread (2 week warning)

Post by VicBond007 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:01 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I plan to finish my amv just a day or so before the deadline. I want to submit my info for ftp early so I can get my ftp login back in time. So Im not sure what the total run time and the vid title will be yet. Does everything have to be filled in ?
Everything has to be filled in because the playlists are built based on the runtime. You can request for an FTP slot WITHOUT submitting a form, so if you want to do that, go ahead. The form must be in by the deadline though. Any videos that don't have forms by June 21st will be deleted. Also, any form without a video by the 21st will be ignored.

WE STILL NEED A DUDE OR DUDE-ESS FOR IRON EDITOR. FREE BADGE!
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:04 pm

VicBond007 wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I plan to finish my amv just a day or so before the deadline. I want to submit my info for ftp early so I can get my ftp login back in time. So Im not sure what the total run time and the vid title will be yet. Does everything have to be filled in ?
Everything has to be filled in because the playlists are built based on the runtime. You can request for an FTP slot WITHOUT submitting a form, so if you want to do that, go ahead. The form must be in by the deadline though. Any videos that don't have forms by June 21st will be deleted. Also, any form without a video by the 21st will be ignored.

I would love to kick someones ass, but I won't be able to make it anyway :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:03 pm

VicBond007 wrote:Everything has to be filled in because the playlists are built based on the runtime. You can request for an FTP slot WITHOUT submitting a form, so if you want to do that, go ahead. The form must be in by the deadline though. Any videos that don't have forms by June 21st will be deleted. Also, any form without a video by the 21st will be ignored.

I'LL DO IT! oh wait i'm not going. drat!

MikeJh06
Org Profile

Post by MikeJh06 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 am

Just to clarify... Do we still have time to resend an AMV? I am fixing some resolution errors and was gonna upload it again tomorrow with the "_v2" you mentioned before attached along with a note to delete the previous upload

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:42 am

I'm fine-tuning mine, but... I want to make sure before I lose my mind over this massive thing:

A portion of the song is okay, right? It cuts off very nicely at the end and could very easily pass for the end of the song... and in my opinion it suits the series a lot more this way (not to mention the lyrics in the last "movement" don't fit with any footage!).

And there's also the fact that the entire song is fourteen minutes long, and my doing this cuts it down to about ten.

...Yeah, I know, I can practically hear you groaning. But I have worked on perfecting this on and off for months and months, simply for my own enjoyment, but once I found out there was no time limit for this contest, I had to seize the opportunity to give what I consider my best work and something that really came from the heart (well, by "from the heart" I mean my most passionate and best attempt to defend a character that so often gets so much blind hatred).

/sappy. amvs r srs bzns every1

(they really are <3)
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

Davis 51
Org Profile

Post by Davis 51 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:44 am

VicBond007 wrote:WE STILL NEED A DUDE OR DUDE-ESS FOR IRON EDITOR. FREE BADGE!
Sadly, I have never used Premiere. All my experience is with Sony Vegas. That being said, if someone there is willing to give me a crash course, I would totally do it.
Under The Box Productions is my studio.
My youtube page is: http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderTheBoxProduct

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:53 am

Davis 51 wrote: Sadly, I have never used Premiere. All my experience is with Sony Vegas. That being said, if someone there is willing to give me a crash course, I would totally do it.
I was just about to edit my post to say pretty much the exact same thing. I've seen Premiere being used (though not well, fff) but I also have only used Vegas (and WMM). I've got a wedding to save up for, and a free badge is miiiighty tempting...

Only question - we don't get a say in the footage used, do we? I remember seeing some series on the listI wasn't familiar with last year, and I would hate to sign up for this and then be slapped with a massive series I don't know. Unless that's the name of the game... in which case D:. I didn't get to actually attend it though, so I'm not familiar with the details.
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:56 am

You can edit the song however you want. Saying you can't cut the song would be as ridiculous as saying that you couldn't cut your video!

Yes, you're locked into using Premiere 6.5/CS3. In addition to licensing, said apps are the only two that we trust for stability in a production environment. We don't understand the other programs' weaknesses well enough to use them reliably in a live event, where quality and stability are paramount.

You do not get a say in the footage. The sources are already on the computer for you. You get all of the episodes on the disc in 1 file per anime.

The sources this year are Eyeshield 21, Basquash, Hajime no Ippo, Battle Athletes, and Princess Nine. The exact episode numbers will be made public once we find a competitor, and I finish watching Battle Athletes >.> The competitors will be told what DVD was used (R1, R2, blu-ray, "greatest hits" etc) so they have the option of buying the disc and learning the footage that way, or they can watch said episodes through "other means". You can, and probably SHOULD cut your audio ahead of time, and you're not allowed to bring your own footage, but you CAN bring notes.

We're really looking for someone who knows the program well. Three experienced editors have already tried and failed to defeat Bryce, and no, I can't bring back Hsien AGAIN.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:10 am

Wish I was going >_>
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:47 am

VicBond007 wrote: Three experienced editors have already tried and failed to defeat Bryce, and no, I can't bring back Hsien AGAIN.
This is probably a long shot since they haven't edited in about 5 years, but what about Senta Miller? He technically has never competed and next to Fluxmeister, he's probably one of the best Action AMV Editors (imo), which is Bryce's forte.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

Return to “AMV Contests”