The Otakon 2010 Thread (OK now panic)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
SailorDeath
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2010 Thread (OK now panic)

Post by SailorDeath » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:03 pm

Angelyco wrote:It says "The Making of AMV Hell 5" so I don't think it's a full showing.
It's not, if you look at amvhell.com there's a mention of it on the amv hell 5 thread here on the org.

"It's 18+ because I'm going to be talking about all the projects. And I'll also be showing a cut down version of AMV Hell 5 with no intro or credits to see if the video order and sound balance is good. Since the panel is at the end of the night and there are panels next door going to 1:30 AM, I might be able to get away with showing all of AMV Hell 5. I'm going to be so tired driving an hour back to my friend's house to crash. D:"
Gimme a minute, I'll make a cool one....

GuitarRick024
Org Profile

Post by GuitarRick024 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Damn, I'll be at work for most of Friday. I won't see my video, but hopefully some will!

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:40 pm

I have a question. As someone who helped create AMVS4, is there any way I can be allowed to record it with a camcorder to get reactions for those who won't be able to be there? I won't record anything else, I promise. I know that doesn't mean much of course since nobody knows me in person really, but I'd like to get a recording of the reactions for future project planning for timing and such. Is there any way that I can somehow get permission to do this as one of the creators of the project? Such as a pass from the information desk or something...? I've been there for years, I've no intention of recording something that nobody wants recorded, I just think it may help us in the long run, plus it will give leeway for the creators who couldn't be there.
ImageImageImage

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:52 am

kireblue wrote:
gotenks794 wrote: Oh. I think (IIRC) there was a similar phenomenon last year. But I cold be wrong.
I just sent them a message asking if there will be a contest this year. If I get a reply, it will probably be on Monday.
Don’t worry nothing has vanished! Any info that might have been there previously was in regards to 2009. All 2010 info about the AMV Contest should be up in the next month. Thanks!

Kim Mueller

Programming Coordinator
here is the response that I got. I guess that the window of time for submitting a video will be really small. I'll be sure to have a video ready.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:04 pm

Nothing related to Otakon, but if Nekocon doesn't improve this year I think I may make NYAF my replacement convention. I love NYC and any excuse to spend a weekend there (never mind the anime nerd / cosplay factor) is good enough for me. ;)

*should probably rebuild the drama video that the hard drive meltdown destroyed*
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks for the info, Kire. We were planning on going to it this year and I also noticed nothing on the site about an AMV contest. Good to know!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jefferys
Org Profile

Post by Jefferys » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:18 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:Nothing related to Otakon, but if Nekocon doesn't improve this year I think I may make NYAF my replacement convention. I love NYC and any excuse to spend a weekend there (never mind the anime nerd / cosplay factor) is good enough for me. ;)

*should probably rebuild the drama video that the hard drive meltdown destroyed*
Well, I know I'm going to NYAF/NYCC this year. I mean, I already got approved for a press pass, anyway... :-)
Jefferson Eng - As heard on the Otaku Generation podcast
http://twitter.com/jeffersoneng | https://www.facebook.com/JeffersonEng
Tom Servo: Oh, they're flying into a Roger Dean album cover.
Crow T. Robot: They're very into Yes on this planet.

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:19 pm

Anybody need a room for Otakon? I accidentally booked at two different places so I have a room at the Radisson I'm looking to transfer to a new owner.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:57 pm

moonbunnychan wrote:Anybody need a room for Otakon? I accidentally booked at two different places so I have a room at the Radisson I'm looking to transfer to a new owner.
I still need one, maybe two more for my room at Days Inn...$80 for Thursday to Sunday each person. ;)
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:46 pm

kireblue wrote:
kireblue wrote:
gotenks794 wrote: Oh. I think (IIRC) there was a similar phenomenon last year. But I cold be wrong.
I just sent them a message asking if there will be a contest this year. If I get a reply, it will probably be on Monday.
Don’t worry nothing has vanished! Any info that might have been there previously was in regards to 2009. All 2010 info about the AMV Contest should be up in the next month. Thanks!

Kim Mueller

Programming Coordinator
here is the response that I got. I guess that the window of time for submitting a video will be really small. I'll be sure to have a video ready.
Phew. I got worried. :ying:
And just to point out the obvious, this thread is very offtopic. :bzz:
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Return to “AMV Contests”