The Otakon 2010 Thread (OK now panic)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
VicBond007
Org Profile

Re: The Otakon 2010 Thread (2 week warning)

Post by VicBond007 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:51 pm

For some reason I'm no longer getting e-mails from the .org, so sorry if these replies are coming late o.O

drew: you has PM.

dragontamer: Just send us your .avi or quicktime if you have the bandwidth. It's 100x easier to fix the original, than to fix a bad re-encode. We output everything using a true, broadcast NTSC signal, no software players. If I can see the original, then I will know how to make the mpeg to conform to that standard :)

miracle: a win is a win, no matter how small or large the contest is. 1st place/best means you won. If only your entry was a little bit worse and you got 2nd place instead ;)

Entries are pouring in fast and furious. I'll be looking at new entries every other day now so you last minute folks shouldn't have to wait a week for confirmation. Come Saturday I'll be posting a list here, and on the Otakon forums of all videos with outstanding problems, even though I already e-mailed the offending creators already.
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:53 pm

I decided to throw something this way. :D

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Guess I can polish up the Ponyo vid and try to submit.
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Why am I such a procrastinator? Ugh. Good thing I used my vacation days for this week / next, hehe.

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:09 pm

I plan to finish my amv just a day or so before the deadline. I want to submit my info for ftp early so I can get my ftp login back in time. So Im not sure what the total run time and the vid title will be yet. Does everything have to be filled in ?
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:01 pm

MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I plan to finish my amv just a day or so before the deadline. I want to submit my info for ftp early so I can get my ftp login back in time. So Im not sure what the total run time and the vid title will be yet. Does everything have to be filled in ?
Everything has to be filled in because the playlists are built based on the runtime. You can request for an FTP slot WITHOUT submitting a form, so if you want to do that, go ahead. The form must be in by the deadline though. Any videos that don't have forms by June 21st will be deleted. Also, any form without a video by the 21st will be ignored.

WE STILL NEED A DUDE OR DUDE-ESS FOR IRON EDITOR. FREE BADGE!
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:04 pm

VicBond007 wrote:
MycathatesyouAMV wrote:I plan to finish my amv just a day or so before the deadline. I want to submit my info for ftp early so I can get my ftp login back in time. So Im not sure what the total run time and the vid title will be yet. Does everything have to be filled in ?
Everything has to be filled in because the playlists are built based on the runtime. You can request for an FTP slot WITHOUT submitting a form, so if you want to do that, go ahead. The form must be in by the deadline though. Any videos that don't have forms by June 21st will be deleted. Also, any form without a video by the 21st will be ignored.

I would love to kick someones ass, but I won't be able to make it anyway :P

Vlad
Sakura-Con 2013 - 2019, 2022 AMV Coordinator
Otafest 2012 - 2024 AMV Coordinator
Animethon 2003 - 2024 AMV Coordinator

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:03 pm

VicBond007 wrote:Everything has to be filled in because the playlists are built based on the runtime. You can request for an FTP slot WITHOUT submitting a form, so if you want to do that, go ahead. The form must be in by the deadline though. Any videos that don't have forms by June 21st will be deleted. Also, any form without a video by the 21st will be ignored.

I'LL DO IT! oh wait i'm not going. drat!

MikeJh06
Org Profile

Post by MikeJh06 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:12 am

Just to clarify... Do we still have time to resend an AMV? I am fixing some resolution errors and was gonna upload it again tomorrow with the "_v2" you mentioned before attached along with a note to delete the previous upload

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:42 am

I'm fine-tuning mine, but... I want to make sure before I lose my mind over this massive thing:

A portion of the song is okay, right? It cuts off very nicely at the end and could very easily pass for the end of the song... and in my opinion it suits the series a lot more this way (not to mention the lyrics in the last "movement" don't fit with any footage!).

And there's also the fact that the entire song is fourteen minutes long, and my doing this cuts it down to about ten.

...Yeah, I know, I can practically hear you groaning. But I have worked on perfecting this on and off for months and months, simply for my own enjoyment, but once I found out there was no time limit for this contest, I had to seize the opportunity to give what I consider my best work and something that really came from the heart (well, by "from the heart" I mean my most passionate and best attempt to defend a character that so often gets so much blind hatred).

/sappy. amvs r srs bzns every1

(they really are <3)
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

Return to “AMV Contests”