2008 Judge's Choice Awards - Aftermath/Suggestions/Comments

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:32 pm

load-em-up cowboy!!
Last edited by Knowname on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:35 pm

Instead of bigger, I think the JCAs should get smaller, with less categorys, for a more SPECIFFIC POV. I mean, not like I have any complaints for this year. But my plan is to have the JCAs BEFORE the VCAs start. AND the JCAs should be held in the donators forum. This is nothing personal, note I'm not even a donator o.0 lol. But I think this may make me donate, maybe it'll get Koop some funding from the org if it gets popular enough!

However! Like I said, it would take place BEFORE the VCAs, JUST before (like over the last half of January) and may have fewer categories. Winners of JCAs will be given a bit of a head start in the VCAs is all, whether they'll get special privileges or not is not up to me, but. I just see this formula as a competition that TRULY compliments the VCAs, if you busy-bodys so deem another competition as mandatory, instead of one that competes against it.

Of coarse, JCA winners would be made public (so non-donators get it too) after the event/ before the VCA voting commences. JCA videos are not only limited to donator videos either.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Moonlight Soldier wrote:If you keep doing this, you should probably have a max number of times someone can be a judge.
lol so you can only be a judge for 2 non-consecutive terms?? lol
AtomX wrote:I suppose it's pretty hard to take my comments seriously considering that of the 5 judges that entered, I ended up winning 3 awards. I can certainly see how it can be perceived as in-voting or what-have-you.
... and that your sleeping with the contest coordinator!! But hey! if there are awards involved at least we know 3 awards that will reach their destination.... just down the hall.

*just playin' of course ;p*
Castor Troy wrote:
Ghet wrote:
Niotex wrote:
Ghet wrote:
Bauzi wrote: Happy end solution for everyone?
VCA
JCA
CCA (Creator´s choice award)
FTA (Fuckin´ tube award)
ECA (Eletist choice award)
ridicolous
what about the Inner Circle Choice awards?
Isn't Inner Circle deal covered in the JCA/ECA's?
fair enough, but the JCA is too specific and the ECA is too broad for inner circle only...
i think....
but again, bad things happen when i think...
YMCA?
I can't tell if ya'll are joking or not ><

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:48 pm

Knowname wrote:But hey! if there are awards involved at least we know 3 awards that will reach their random destination....
Fixed
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Nessephanie
Cookie Monster
Org Profile

Post by Nessephanie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:51 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
Knowname wrote:But hey! if there are awards involved at least we know 5 awards that will reach their random destination....
Fixed
Fixed x2

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:49 pm

I should have picked europeans just to rack up koops shipping bill.

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:28 am

Too much troll feeding in this thread. Don't let bitter people get to you Koop.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Nightowl
Org Profile

Post by Nightowl » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:04 am

And so, I make my first post in years, and it is this:
AtomX wrote:You also have people who simply haven't been editing for quite a while but still know quite a bit about the artform (Take AbsoluteDestiny, NightOwl, Kusoyaro, etc. for example).
You do realize I edit for a living, right? :wink:

I was actually interested in being involved in this whole thing, but realized I simply wouldn't have the time, and that wouldn't be fair to anyone. Maybe next time. Sounds cool.

I can't believe I just posted. Sorry.

-N

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Nightowl wrote:And so, I make my first post in years, and it is this:
AtomX wrote:You also have people who simply haven't been editing for quite a while but still know quite a bit about the artform (Take AbsoluteDestiny, NightOwl, Kusoyaro, etc. for example).
You do realize I edit for a living, right? :wink:

I was actually interested in being involved in this whole thing, but realized I simply wouldn't have the time, and that wouldn't be fair to anyone. Maybe next time. Sounds cool.

I can't believe I just posted. Sorry.

-N
Heh I was referring to editing AMV's/being a part of the AMV community. The same could be said for Ian who never stopped editing, but simply moved over to a different source.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Yok/0
do not feed
Org Profile

Post by Yok/0 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:33 am

Darius GQ wrote:....I didn't like this competition in general....
I think it didn't like you either. =|

Return to “AMV Contests”