Anime Expo - Questions about the AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
OniZabuza
Org Profile

Anime Expo - Questions about the AMV Contest

Post by OniZabuza » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:09 am

I'm planning on going to AE this year, and submitting some videos for the AMV Contest. I have a couple questions that people who have gone in the past / submitted videos may be able to help me with:

1. When is the due date usually? Currently no deadline is posted on their site.

2. What's the deal with "AMV Contest Tickets"? How hard is it to get them at the Con (how do you get them)?
-Also, do AMV submitters get a tickets? Just finalists? How many tickets?

Thanks so much for your time.
-OniZ
The hottest AMVer you'll ever meet...
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=126261

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Re: Anime Expo - Questions about the AMV Contest

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:20 am

OniZabuza wrote:I'm planning on going to AE this year, and submitting some videos for the AMV Contest. I have a couple questions that people who have gone in the past / submitted videos may be able to help me with:

1. When is the due date usually? Currently no deadline is posted on their site.

2. What's the deal with "AMV Contest Tickets"? How hard is it to get them at the Con (how do you get them)?
-Also, do AMV submitters get a tickets? Just finalists? How many tickets?

Thanks so much for your time.
-OniZ
1. It's usually in May or June... and annoucned around April.

2. You get the contest tickets by lining up for them at some location or if you've submitted an entry, the coordinators will give you front row seat tickets.

It's easy to get them if you actually enter the contest or proxy for someone, but if you plan on getting them the normal way by lining up, expect to be in a long... long... LONG line... :x

Anyone who submits a video gets 2 tickets (one for self and guest).

If this is gonna be your first year at AX, be prepared for LONG lines....
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

OniZabuza
Org Profile

Post by OniZabuza » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:32 am

thanks much for your time. Let me just clarify so my girl doesn't chop my balls of later cause I failed to get tix... if I submit my videos, I won't have to wait in the lines for tickets?

(or at least that's how it's been in the past)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:08 pm

OniZabuza wrote:thanks much for your time. Let me just clarify so my girl doesn't chop my balls of later cause I failed to get tix... if I submit my videos, I won't have to wait in the lines for tickets?

Yeah, just make sure you meet up with the amv coordinators to get your tickets.

There's no specified location because they change it every year so we'll have to wait till they actually announce it. :x
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

OniZabuza
Org Profile

Post by OniZabuza » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:56 pm

cool thanks again castor.

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:50 pm

Then sit back and await da drama ......

OniZabuza
Org Profile

Post by OniZabuza » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:08 pm

haha, im sure it must get pretty bloody between all the egos, politics, and whatever else

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:31 pm

OniZabuza wrote:thanks much for your time. Let me just clarify so my girl doesn't chop my balls of later cause I failed to get tix... if I submit my videos, I won't have to wait in the lines for tickets?

You will have to wander around aimlessly trying to figure out where to get the tickets when you've submitted a video.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

sasuke2468
Org Profile

Post by sasuke2468 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:11 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:
You will have to wander around aimlessly trying to figure out where to get the tickets when you've submitted a video.
that's true, last year I had to follow one of the valunteers around for 4 hours, we covered the WHOLE convention center cuz no one knew where to get the damn tickets. Expect long lines and staff that don't know anything about anything.... don't bother shopping till second or third day, u'll be in lines and wandering around the whole first....
and they don't always give submitters tickets, sometimes its just the people that actually make it into the contest

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:39 pm

sasuke2468 wrote:
The Wired Knight wrote:
that's true, last year I had to follow one of the valunteers around for 4 hours, we covered the WHOLE convention center cuz no one knew where to get the damn tickets. Expect long lines and staff that don't know anything about anything.... don't bother shopping till second or third day, u'll be in lines and wandering around the whole first....
and they don't always give submitters tickets, sometimes its just the people that actually make it into the contest
Actually that hasn't happened in years. I'm just oping there's the space for people this year since the LB Convention Center's stadium they used for the main events is small in comparison to the space available in Anaheim.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “AMV Contests”