Since I had an email request for this info and the forum eluded to some of the info I decided I should probably post this. (Well that and the fact that I had time to think as I lay in bed with insomnia now that my body has begun to pull out of the exhaustion that was DragonCon.)
Here are all the AMV's we played at DragonCon during the hour timeslot that we were given. Before the viewing I announced everything that we were playing and after the viewing I got up there and announced the winners.
Since you have already seen the list of winners I'm sure you will realize that these are in no particular order.
1) Mr Alucard by Anneke set to Mr Roboto by Styx
2) Waiting for Tomorrows…all my life by Anneke set to In the Shadows by Ramsus
3) RJ Smith Wolf's Rain Action by RJ Smith set to Don't Lose my Number by Phil Collins
4) March of the Children by Chase Clark set to March of the Pigs by Nine Inch Nails
5) TKO by Judge Holden set to TKO by LeTigre
6) Waking the Dead by Bryan MS Minnix set to Facing Hell by Ozzy Ozbourne
1) Channel Surf 2 by Bryan MS Minnix set to music by various artists
2) AMV no Baka 2 by Sylvester Ng set to music by various artists
1) Major Tom by Boyd Hale set to Major Tom (Coming Home) by Peter Schilling
2) Insomnia by Toothpicvic set to Basket Case (Godzilla ST) by GreenDay
1) Love & Sorrows by Devil Shin set to Sadness and Sorrow by Toshiro Masuda
2) Falling In Love by Sylvester Ng set to Falling in Love by Voice in Public
I noticed the other thread that was started asking the who, what, when, where and how to for DragonCon so I also want to apologize that it took me a couple of days to get this posted. I had to get home for one and the other was the job that pays me money felt that payroll was more important so I couldn't play video games or indulge in my hobbies on that particular day.
*hopes that this comment was actually funny and not just the delusions of insomnia and therefore taken with the jest that was intended*
Oh, Toothpickvic, I've seen like 257,000 episodes of Naruto and I still thought that the comedic undertones in Insomnia were hillarious. You are right though, the majority of the humor can probably be attributed to the Godzilla sounds suddenly being thrust upon the audience in the middle of what everyone is expecting to be a serious drama. However, the title is Insomnia, and anyone with who suffers from sleep deprivation can attest to this, you get a bit grumpy so the mix with Godzilla was perfect and without that aspect I think it would have been a bit boring. AMV's are suppose to be a blend of music and video. The combination of the two and how well they fit together are what make the experience meaningful. If the two do not flow together well the AMV is not as good. That is what separates the good AMV's from the bad ones. The subpar ones lack the range of emotion that speaks to the human psyche. Besides as was once said by someone I can't remember from a long time ago, comedy is simply tragedy plus distance. Since tragedy is akin to drama, at least in my family it is, I can see why the comedy segwayed so well into the drama. The range of human emotions is great, as any female with PMS can attest to, illustrating why the comedy fit so well into action also as in the case of Mr Alucard by Anneke. Gee, can you tell I really liked those two?
*Disclaimer-The comments made in this post were made somewhere between 3 and 4 am. I reserve the right to realize that I was not as insightful or as funny as I thought I was once I either a) get more sleep and wake up again or b) get coffee in me and wake up more. I also reserve the right to make you read through my bad spelling and run on sentences but since some of you are in the same boat I am you will probably not have any problem at all and this sentence right now is probably making perfect sense.