AX06 winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
savvy_style
Org Profile

Post by savvy_style » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:05 am

a|xcutie wrote: ...so uh....may I see this video?? 8-)

...Please???? ^-^
Ah, you can find it here:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=119975

hope you enjoy :3

MisterFurious: I agree with your opinion on what tuniki wrote >_>
I almost didn't wanna get up to go to that panel cause it was so early XD (and you guys had all that set-up and preparation to do and everything >_> ). I don't care what anyone else says, you totally earned what you got at AX! =D Signal to Noise was such a deeply moving piece, and being a creator it's easier to pick up on the deep emotion in that piece, but to also have it done so well that even the audience recognized how moving it was is just so beyond words (and you know most of them out there are Narutards or some-as-much XD). You deserve the chair :3

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:06 am

MisterFurious wrote:You know how hard it is to get AMV creators to volunteer to get up that early to do a workshop?
i think we had to get up even earlier for the Acen amv panel/workshop this year. can't seem to remember when the panel was but 9:00am rings a bell >.< it was really early and we didn't get a big turn out.

as for your workshop, i wish tommy had more time, but there is only so much you can go over in 2 hours. There were a few times i wanted to jump up and answer a few of the audiences questions... The vegas one and some of the other ones involving PC based editing programs. not that tommy couldn't answer them, but when he said he didn't know or couldn't answer a question because he was only familar with premiere. i didn't want to interupt the panel though so i didn't say anything.

must say, i enjoyed this year's workshop more then the previous years... maybe because i had actually had the chance to use FCP last semester and could following along and relate to the content. i consider myself an experienced editor (maybe not that great but i know my way around) but it's always interesting seeing how other people edit and how they go about doing things the way they do.

Pwolf

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:22 am

Too bad I missed the workshop since I had class at that time and had to come back to AX after 12. :x

Will there still be another attempt for an AMV panel at AX2007? I know the con politics prevented any other amv related things from happening besides the contest and workshop.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

a|xcutie
Org Profile

Post by a|xcutie » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:43 pm

savvy_style wrote: I don't care what anyone else says, you totally earned what you got at AX! =D Signal to Noise was such a deeply moving piece, and being a creator it's easier to pick up on the deep emotion in that piece, but to also have it done so well that even the audience recognized how moving it was is just so beyond words (and you know most of them out there are Narutards or some-as-much XD). You deserve the chair :3
Word.

I mean, when I was sitting there at approximately midnight and that video came on, I almost peed myself. I felt traumatized, but it was very well done...I mean...it's one of those videos whose harshness (correct word?) makes you almost not want to watch along with its music, but you just have to keep on watching because it's as mentioned, a very deep,dark, and moving piece.

If the videos were solely judged on technicalities vs. what the video tried to overall convey and what the video did accomplish in its category, then yes another video could have easily won, but no one was focusing on just -one- factor, all of us whether judges or audience were focusing on multiple factors and Signal to Noise definitely deserved its award.

It still leaves me traumatized and with a chill up my spine whenever I watch it, but it's an amazing video. *clap clap clap*

MisterFurious
Org Profile

Post by MisterFurious » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:56 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:I can't seem to recall one either, all I recall is that if it was in there it wasn't one taht the audience selected as a catagory favorite, which barred it from winning best of show.
What I remember was that there were four finalists, and two were removed from contention for best of show because they did not win their respective categories. As good as JBone's video was, I don't think it was one of the original four finalists, since that was a special award decided by a single person.

Does anyone else recall?

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:57 am

It was a struggle to get the Workshop up this year. At first it looked like nothing AMV related was going to happen at AX save for the contest, then I'd get an email from Live Programing asking for details about the workshop, it was as if the members of the programing department weren't talking to each other.

In truth the big problem is the copyright infringement nature of AMVs. Eventually I had to carefully word an email to the Live Programing people, I composed the email, got approval from Brad and Tommy (since it was from all three of us) and sent it in. (Rule 12 of the contest rules)

Then almost out of the blue it looked like we'd be able to have the workshop on Saturday before the contest. But I was then told that the workshop room with AV equipment was needed that day for the voice actor demo try-outs. So the workshop was bumped to Sunday. I asked if we might be able to have a typical AMV panel that day in the other room, we could discuss AMVs but not actually show any. (I'm not sure how much fun that would have been though.)

A few days later I was told that a GoH wanted to do something in our Workshop time slot, so we were bumped Monday at 10am. I was also told that the "slots" for panels were all full and we wouldn't be able to do a regular AMV panel.

The Workshop seemed to go pretty well, I think people enjoyed it for the most part. I know for some of you I wasn't really showing anything new, and a lot of you guys do it better. :) Brad and Tommy did a great job, I'm glad we were able to cover more PC-centric issues.
"Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:38 pm

I believe JBone's won the Judges award as well as an additional $100 "anoymous" award for the technical acomplishment.

The video is a great demonstration of integrating effects into a video that don't stand out as "effects". Nicely done.

(As a side note, I was going to leave comments for a bunch of the videos I saw at the contest, but I have to download them first before I can comment. So I'll try that later.)
MisterFurious wrote: JBone's video won a special award from "anonymous" for the most effective use of effects. I agreed wholeheartedly with that one, and he got $100!

But I can't remember who took Judges' Favorite. I know "I'm Not Gay" took Staff Favorite, "Signal to Noise" Creators' Favorite, and "A Battle of Epic Proportions" took Audience Favorite. I thought there was a fourth award from the judges.
"Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

pulsr
Org Profile

Post by pulsr » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:16 am

rofl i feel like there is more then just making an amv and submitting it now ;p that or im really really tired.

sasuke2468
Org Profile

Post by sasuke2468 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:30 pm

pulsr wrote:rofl i feel like there is more then just making an amv and submitting it now ;p that or im really really tired.

really really tiered... cuz i didnt' understand what u just posted <--- *i is really really tiered too*

since when did 9 am exist?

Kikind
Org Profile

Post by Kikind » Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:57 am

I say the same damn thing about 6 am. Is there anywhere i can get the "Tim Park - Stop Watching Anime and Go Outside!", "Thomas Smith(tommyrude) - This Video Goes to 11" , and "Jason Scheiner - Temporality V." It's been annoying to try and find them.

Congrats on the winnings!

Return to “AMV Contests”