A-Kon 17 Video Events Winners & Feedback!!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
HorrorPhD
Org Profile

Post by HorrorPhD » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:14 am

Wow...that lineup...just...wow...

Wish I could have been there to see it all in person. :cry:

Congrats to all the winners! :D
ImageImage

Mamo!
El Shine-o
Org Profile

Post by Mamo! » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:51 am

Yay!! I can't believe I won Best of Show in the Amateur Contest! :D I wish I could of been there.
Congratulations to all the winners! :wink:

Orange Spotted Kuroneku
Org Profile

Post by Orange Spotted Kuroneku » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:52 pm

First off, I just want to say I really enjoyed participating in the amatuer contest, and apologize to anyone whose hearing may have been damaged by my video! Sorry, I thought I had fixed my sound problems before I sent it in, but I guess not (my video was the Utena one).

But I have to say I was disappointed with the showcase--mainly because for some reason, my video was not shown. It was supposedly accepted and it appears in the master list, but I watched the entire showcase, and it was not there.

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:20 pm

"Big Damn Cowboys" takes runner-up out of 19 entries in the Anime-inspired Fanworks Contest? Not bad, not bad...

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:57 am

Congrats to all :D

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:15 am

Yes, definitely congratulations to all... jub, jade, judge... and the rest XD

Elgebar
Org Profile

Post by Elgebar » Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:48 pm

Wow! Thanks all for the quick (and mostly positive) feedback. As Rubyeye stated earlier, I will be making a much more detailed post later on this week or early next about some of the problems we experienced and the solutions we are going to implement. In addition, I will also be outlining some of the changes coming for the next year.

I'll also be contacting each of the winners who were not at the convention so I can mail off your trophies and certificates where applicable.
rubyeye wrote:Immediate Music were there to threaten us about unlawful use of "their" music in a public forum - that might have shut us down. :wink:
Lol! The showing of the contests were covered under an ASCAP/BMI performance license which legally covered the showing on the hotel premises. Surprisingly, that was a pretty easy thing to set up. :)
JaddziaDax wrote:the 15 seconds of blank seemed very odd... i dont think i mentioned that there... but yea.. O.o
Yeah, that won't be in the rules for next year since we are moving to direct computer playback. We will insert the blank space in with the splash screen. So it will be goodbye to that rule requirement.
KentaroPJJ wrote: Oddly labled "Action/Horror", but was supposed to be "Comedy"
Yep, that was my fault. I had two runs of the scoring sheet for that contest and when we were running down for the contest we grabbed the one with the typo. BTW grats on the win, we loved the video.
Orange Spotted Kuroneku wrote: But I have to say I was disappointed with the showcase--mainly because for some reason, my video was not shown. It was supposedly accepted and it appears in the master list, but I watched the entire showcase, and it was not there.
Truthfully, so was I. It just didn't get the same amount of troubleshooting attention as the contest did since I forced our tech guy Ron to re-encode the contests several times. I apologize that you're vid wasn't shown and as soon as I hear back from him, I'll let you know what he says about it.
RichLather wrote:"Big Damn Cowboys" takes runner-up out of 19 entries in the Anime-inspired Fanworks Contest? Not bad, not bad...
Yes, and it was awesome. You guys have no idea what watching that during judging did for Tonbo...good times. :)

Thanks all or the great vids and for a very good year. I am very much looking forward to continuing our efforts next year.

--Elge
Elgebar
A-Kon Video Events Coordinator

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:54 am

Holy f*ck... i won..... OMG!! I WON!!! HAHAHAHAHA WOW... if i wasnt at work, i would celebrate soooo hard... this is great....

j/k congrats roll!!!

your video was awsome and obviouslly far superior!

great job!

still... runner up is good too!

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:08 pm

AMV_4000 wrote:Holy f*ck... i won..... OMG!! I WON!!! HAHAHAHAHA WOW... if i wasnt at work, i would celebrate soooo hard... this is great....

j/k congrats roll!!!

your video was awsome and obviouslly far superior!

great job!

still... runner up is good too!

Well you know if yu really want you guys can keep the trophy. And i think it was more of a tie anyway.
When the difference in 1st and 2nd is the roll of a huge fuzzy d20. I think we are all winners. And you should have called Evens :P

Anyway great job on the Polka we all enjoyed it.

And Good Luck to all other winners in the Contest.

P.S. No matter what it looked like it wasnt us that tripped the cable. That guy got outta there like a cheetah on crack.
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Return to “AMV Contests”