AnimeNext 2006 AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
VegettoEX
Org Profile

AnimeNext 2006 AMV Contest

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:30 pm

There are two months remaining! Deadline is May 29th

AnimeNext 2005; June 16-18th; The Meadowlands Expo Center, Secaucus, NJ

As first seen last year, AnimeNext has an entire category dedicated to trailers! This will be in addition to the general "Drama," "Action," and "Comedy" categories from the past.

(For the purposes of this contest, "Trailers" will be defined as theatrical or commercial trailers using pre-existing actual trailer/commercial audio. A trailer made using [for example] some song as a way to promote a series isn't the same "trailer" we're looking for, and would be classified as a regular-category music video... that should pretty much make sense, but feel free to ask if you're curious.)

Videos are to be submitted in either MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 format only. No exceptions.

There will be no FTP; make sure you mail your videos in time! We must receive the video BY/ON the due-date... it is NOT a postmark date! Your video must be burned to either CD-R or DVD+/-R as data. No VCDs, no SVCDs, no Video-DVDs... we want the actual MPEG-2 file.

That said, the deadline is *** May 29th ***. That's around one month before the convention. If your video is not IN OUR HANDS by that date, your video will not be considered for the contest.

The "full official" rules and actual submission form are indeed up over on the official AnimeNext website. If you have ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, do not hesitate to ask. I'd prefer if you actually posted on the forum (this thread!) rather than e-mailing or PMing me; chances are, if you have that question, so does someone else.

Have fun! Looking foward to another great contest~. SEND YOUR TRAILERS! :D
Last edited by VegettoEX on Fri May 12, 2006 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:06 pm

I might send in stuff this year. :)
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:19 pm

I'll definitely try to have something this year, as I'm actually going to be in attendance (if all goes according to plan)...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 11, 2006 7:20 pm

Heyas!

It's just your friendly, neighborhood bump! The AnimeNext AMV Contest deadline is coming up soon... May 29th.

Send us your trailers! Don't have a trailer? That's fine... send another video :D. Come to the convention! Onwards, to New Jersey!

Official rules, entry form, etc. can all be found over on the official AnimeNext website, with additional information at the beginning of this thread.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Fri May 12, 2006 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Fri May 12, 2006 2:28 am

VegettoEX wrote:Heyas!

It's just your friendly, neighborhood bump! The AnimeNext AMV Contest deadline is coming up soon... May 22nd.

Send us your trailers! Don't have a trailer? That's fine... send another video :D. Come to the convention! Onwards, to New Jersey!

Official rules, entry form, etc. can all be found over on the official AnimeNext website, with additional information at the beginning of this thread.
But the rules say May 29. :shock:

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Fri May 12, 2006 6:13 am

Huh... why the heck did I type 22nd on this forum? Aiya! Apologies! So it's almost like you get an extra week :P.

May 29th, indeed!

Touya_girl
Org Profile

Post by Touya_girl » Thu May 18, 2006 10:14 am

We'll get e-mail confirmations when our entries are recieved right?
<p>My japanese name is <b>藤原 Fujiwara (wisteria fields) 美弥子 Miyako (beautiful march child)</b>.
<a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/">Take your real japanese name generator! today!</a>
<small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/">Name Generator Generator</a>.</small></p>

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Thu May 18, 2006 12:08 pm

I'll be attending the convention this year with some friends but I don't know if I'll be able to enter an AMV into the contest. I suck at converting formats of AMV's and I'm pretty sure this contest only accepts MPGs. I'll see what I can do.

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 18, 2006 6:14 pm

Touya_girl wrote:We'll get e-mail confirmations when our entries are recieved right?
I have a pile of new submissions to go through and test this weekend, and yes, e-mail confirmations will go out after such.

Touya_girl
Org Profile

Post by Touya_girl » Thu May 18, 2006 9:09 pm

Ok thanx.
I sent my entry in and will be attending the Con.
<p>My japanese name is <b>藤原 Fujiwara (wisteria fields) 美弥子 Miyako (beautiful march child)</b>.
<a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/969/">Take your real japanese name generator! today!</a>
<small>Created with <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/">Rum and Monkey</a>'s <a href="http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/toys/namegen/">Name Generator Generator</a>.</small></p>

Return to “AMV Contests”