AMV Hell Championship Edition

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:56 pm

Strawberry Key wrote:I'm actually rather impressed with my ability to synch fast action.
Fast Action? o.o
To the song from THIS round? O_o

Strawberry Key
Org Profile

Post by Strawberry Key » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:40 pm

Haunter103 wrote:
Strawberry Key wrote:I'm actually rather impressed with my ability to synch fast action.
Fast Action? o.o
To the song from THIS round? O_o
lol, actually yes. When you use some of the beats in the background, you can use some fairly (but not incredibly) quick cuts and make it look good.

rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:18 pm

[Cyclops] wrote: rogueintellectproductions managed to totaly change what the footage shows. Nice....
Yeah, that idea started rolling around in my head after the cut-off for the AMV Hell 3/0 projects. It all hinged on that scene where Seras' "bloomers are spotting" - of course, in the series, she's not bleeding from "there". :wink:

Congrats to the other finalists. I'll get to watch them tonight, but from what I've heard, I'm not sure I can wait.

Chris
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

pat_hulse
Org Profile

Post by pat_hulse » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:28 pm

rogueintellectproductions wrote:
[Cyclops] wrote: rogueintellectproductions managed to totaly change what the footage shows. Nice....
Yeah, that idea started rolling around in my head after the cut-off for the AMV Hell 3/0 projects. It all hinged on that scene where Seras' "bloomers are spotting" - of course, in the series, she's not bleeding from "there". :wink:

Congrats to the other finalists. I'll get to watch them tonight, but from what I've heard, I'm not sure I can wait.

Chris
Yours was great. Not quite as awesome as your Round 3 entry in my opinion, but still brilliant.

Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:48 pm

pat_hulse wrote:
rogueintellectproductions wrote:

Chris
Yours was great. Not quite as awesome as your Round 3 entry in my opinion, but still brilliant.
Thanks. I probably should have spent more time on it than I did (in the interest of maintaining my life, I won't say how long I did spend on it - needless to say, a good idea will shine through the creator's own laziness and procrastination).
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

pataki0021
Org Profile

question to the judges...

Post by pataki0021 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:16 pm

i entered my entry and lost, but is it ok to post my entry here anyways via a link like youtube?

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:50 am

sure, whatever

cmdshft
Org Profile

Post by cmdshft » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:42 am

Your post wasn't funny, but I'm laughing anyway...

Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:22 pm

OK, I finally got to see the other winners/runners-up (I know I'm late to the party).

AmPsy - yes, the EoE thing was done, but stuff like that happens all the time (trust me, I know). And your execution and lipsynching was awesome!

pat_hulse - Excellent timing! I loved the whole Log thing - great use of Naruto.

ngsilver - OK, that caught me off guard. Very funny, but was that a remix of the opening KD song?

dokidoki - how did you find such a great VA for Mihoshi?

I'm honored to be in the group, really. I feel ashamed for doing such a crude video compared to the others in the group.

Won't stop me next time, though.
Chris

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:19 pm

rogueintellectproductions wrote:dokidoki - how did you find such a great VA for Mihoshi?
She's an aspiring VA friend of a friend. I haven't talked to her in years, though, so I don't know if it's worked out for her or not. (I emailed her old address recently but haven't received a reply)

Have you seen the Nabiki version? She did the voice for both. :)
I feel ashamed for doing such a crude video compared to the others in the group.
Nah, it's cool. :)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Return to “AMV Contests”