AUSA 2005 Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:43 pm

Nightowl wrote:Heh, the first contest I've entered where I've ended up in the comedy category. I am no longer confident. However, it is amusing to me that Barranti will be competing against himself, sort of.

-N
Funny thing is about my video is that it's almost featured in a lot of different categories at the contests I sent it in to!

Sucks when you make a video that does not fit well into the traditional categories :wink:

Vlad

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:19 pm

Tyler_yj wrote:
Knowname wrote: It is rather disconcerting to see videos that you've seen or competed against at con after con. But that just makes you that much more proud when you DO make it in!
Don't be so serious, we create just AMV :roll: I'm glad to see we find again funny contests without stupids constraints :P
did you see my edit? did YOU see my edit?? did ANYBODY see my edit?? lol... aah sarcasm. It's a beautifull thing... in the users head.

StudioKZ
Org Profile

Post by StudioKZ » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:33 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Nightowl wrote:Heh, the first contest I've entered where I've ended up in the comedy category. I am no longer confident. However, it is amusing to me that Barranti will be competing against himself, sort of.

-N
Funny thing is about my video is that it's almost featured in a lot of different categories at the contests I sent it in to!

Sucks when you make a video that does not fit well into the traditional categories :wink:

Vlad
Both of the videos I worked on were marked 'pick a category', but neither really fits into traditional categories. :P I'm not sure how they ended up in the same one. :P
...IT'S <gasp>

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=89045
I love fatties. HOT FUCKING!

Darkseid
Org Profile

Post by Darkseid » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:42 pm

I had one that I honestly didn't know how to fit into any of the listed categories. Ah well.. congrats to finalists and such. :)
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:34 am

Didn't send anything ,but, am disappointed I didn't get in :) (joking)
Actually thought about submitting something ,but, now I get the
honor of not being trampled.. Grats to all the people who got in and
I'm really courious about Night Owls video now...

Moonlessnight
Org Profile

Post by Moonlessnight » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:07 am

Well, I didn't hit the finals... but at least I worked up the courage to enter! ^_^ I'll try again next year and this time, I'll spend a longer time on the edit. DVD quality from here on out.... You have my word on that. **grin**

Good luck to all you finalists and I'll see you all again next year!
There is nothing like a moonless night to watch a few AMVs.

rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:34 pm

Well, this is the second year that I sent in a "tweener" video - some day I'll figure out how to make a traditional video (without ripping off/homaging anyone else, that is).
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:38 pm

rogueintellectproductions wrote:Well, this is the second year that I sent in a "tweener" video - some day I'll figure out how to make a traditional video (without ripping off/homaging anyone else, that is).
For the future we're considering the "whatever" category, as well as the increasingly needed "emo" category for all you angst-whores that submitted this year :wink:
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:07 pm

VicBond007 wrote:For the future we're considering the "whatever" category.
Wait, wasn't last year the year of "Whatever"?

:wink:
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:27 pm

rogueintellectproductions wrote:
VicBond007 wrote:For the future we're considering the "whatever" category.
Wait, wasn't last year the year of "Whatever"?

:wink:
................... Yeah, whatever.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Return to “AMV Contests”