CSUN AMV Contest deadline is just around the corner

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:43 am

Damn...=(...Well..Thanks for trying Wired Knight...I'd still love to have some submissions from you though...=D

Ohh yea...People...We need comedy submissions!...lol...that category is just so damn difficult to fill...So hard to make those type of videos...

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:51 am

Ikasu wrote: Ohh yea...People...We need comedy submissions!...lol...that category is just so damn difficult to fill...So hard to make those type of videos...
Well... http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... hp?v=11163 . . . there is that piece of junk I made. By far not my greatest work but it's an amusing watch for ad a half. Worse comes to worse I'll submit that and possibly my blue sub video. I wish I could get the trigun video I'm working on done in time but it's just not in the cards.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Raynovac
Org Profile

Post by Raynovac » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:38 am

Remember, if you need to send in a video, you can always go through me
assuming you catch me online

btw the people, i just got the final document that says the auditorium for the contest is ours, so we have the place, we just need your vids.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:59 am

I haven't deleted the project files for my AMV yet, so I can still whip out a bumper & credit free version.

My question is whether you need deinterlaced footage.

Using techniques I'm already familiar with, I can send a full 720x480 interlaced mpeg2 version, or a 352x240 mpeg1 version using 2:1 reduction, ala ErMaC's guide.

Deinterlaced DVD res is a bit dodgy, as I haven't yet familiarized myself with the Vdub filters & settings needed to do it properly yet.

If you really don't care about interlacing or bumpers, I can toss a 309 meg interlaced version with bumper & credits up immediately upon receiving a go-ahead.

Please tell me what works best for you, and I'll try to meet that spec.

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:43 am

It's your choice really....I've tested some of the files we have received for display and 352 looks fine...I haven't tested the 720 by 480 stuff we got but those must look NICE...=D...Also the bumpers and stuff isn't really a big deal..Cause once someone makes it to the finals I have to implement a CSUN logo and creator information into the video...Before it plays of course...And afterwards...Plus creator a 20-30 second preview for each video...So no matter what I have to edit them...But if the credits/bumper intersect with the video it would be best to edit them out....

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:22 am

Well, mine's up on the FTP now. Hopefully people will enjoy watching it, even if it's likely too far off from a normal AMV to win anything :p This was the first time I'd tried using TMPGenc to encode something from DVD footage back to a DVD-format MPEG2, but it seemed to turn out alright.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:43 am

What was the name of the file so I know which one?..Heh...Working on my vid right now so I'm too lazy to look at the .txt files...Ohhh yea...I said this before but just incase so you guys don't worry...Once I back up the files to my pc I always delete the videos to make room for others..So don't worry...

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:08 am

It's the vid/text file in the BobBabcock directory, I believe I called it JaLB(OT)_CSUN_Entry. I can't get to the FTP from work to check :p I did check it out on PowerDVD and it played just fine

Also, I left off the studio/group in the text file- it should be No Brand Videos, just for completeness' sake.
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:40 pm

Ikasu wrote:It's your choice really....I've tested some of the files we have received for display and 352 looks fine...I haven't tested the 720 by 480 stuff we got but those must look NICE...=D...Also the bumpers and stuff isn't really a big deal..Cause once someone makes it to the finals I have to implement a CSUN logo and creator information into the video...Before it plays of course...And afterwards...Plus creator a 20-30 second preview for each video...So no matter what I have to edit them...But if the credits/bumper intersect with the video it would be best to edit them out....
Ok, the big DVD ready version is on its way. Final filesize should be 323,946,500.

The stuff front & rear do not intersect the video at all.

If you have any trouble with interlacing or anything, and want to show the video, just PM me here, or email me, and I'll up the 352x240 mpg1 version.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:51 pm

552 Transfer aborted. Disk quota exceeded

:cry:

yuo.space == 0
My Eyes Are The Victim's Eyes.
My Hands Are The Assailant's Hands.

Return to “AMV Contests”