CSUN AMV Contest deadline is just around the corner

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:46 am

Ok...It seems that the server shouldn't be down too long...They got a new server and are going to get Kimo back online so we can download our files...Or I atleast think...I don't know with all the stuff going on right now...So I still hvae those files but I don't know how long...They said the new server would be up in 2-3 days...But that's the new server and not kimo which I need my files cause I don't have back up's of my htmls and everything....(formatted)...Hmm...Damn this is a annoying situation....I'll get some more info and get back to you guys....

KagatoAMV
Studio Hybrid
Org Profile

Post by KagatoAMV » Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:14 am

Is it still alright to submit via VHS tape?

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Fri Oct 25, 2002 10:23 am

Sure...just go to www.csunanime.com and all the information will be there......Here's a direct link

http://www.csunanime.com/amv2.php

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:46 pm

:) I think I might show up for this...but then it isnt that big and I won't win, so me making a grand entrance would probably not be advised since I would prolly win worst of the contest:)
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:19 am

Guys quic question. How many AMVs are we allowed to enter again? If it is only two then could you please delete my entry "A Man Who Loves His Job" using Harlock from the database. The project I thought that wouldn't be done on time will be and I'm submitting that instead.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:36 am

I just got caught up on this- am I going to need to resubmit my vid, or did it not get lost when the FTP went down?
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:35 am

It seems the videos are still on the server and I will have them soon...So if you uploaded the video to the server before it went down no worries...I can download them once the server goes back up which should be soon....

Nappy
Org Profile

Post by Nappy » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:53 am

I don't see the upload location o_O and I can't seem to login with csun/contest but I can with quick connect. Not sure what I'm doing wrong... I got 3 vids for you 4 if you want my AX one, but it said something about not wanting AX ones, I was a finalist not a winner thou, so I'll add it if u want it.

Ikasu
Org Profile

Post by Ikasu » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:21 am

You may still send the AX video no problem...We just don't want videos that have won awards from AX2002 since we are relatively close to AX...Also my new server is up and I'm in the processor of getting the contest folder transfered over since there were uploads in there. My host fixed everything but forgot to transfer that folder and are doing so I believe at the moment. So once you can log in to the ftp you should be able to continue uploading...At the moment the ftp for the contest does not exist but it will in a short while.

I'm EXTREMELY sorry for this misconvenience and I apologize to all those who have been trying to submit but couldn't. I will also reply and state when the ftp is up and rolling for submissions. It should be sometime soon within today...

The password and everything will still be the same

ftp.smoothestudios.com
login: csun
pass: contest
port: 21

If you are trying to log in and get the incorrect password that is because there is no csun user at the moment...I shall have that fixed once I get all the files transferred over...

Thank you for your patience and once again I apologize for the misconvenience...

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:22 am

Ikasu wrote:You may still send the AX video no problem...We just don't want videos that have won awards from AX2002 since we are relatively close to AX..
I won an award but never got one - does that count? :P

Return to “AMV Contests”