AMVs at Tekkoshocon

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Re: Alright the Winners announcement

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:16 pm

Illia Sadri wrote:Trailers:

Winnner:

Blatant Public Service Announcement
Rogue Intellect Productions
Original Audio
Various Anime
Wow! I'm honored! And by one vote, too - that's pretty amazing. The subtitled version had to have played, right? (My voice couldn't carry a feather across the street.) I'm sorry I couldn't attend, I really would have liked to hear the crowd reaction.

Congrats to everyone!
Chris

PS - the non-subtitled version will be up soon, I swear. I'm just swamped and I can't get any decent computer time to myself.
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:11 pm

Actually it was the nonsubtitled version that played. It was the only video I played with the audio levels so that it would carry a bit better. Subtitles I think would have kinda killed it for the audience so I wanted to make sure that version would play.

As far as the voting..... we are actually going to fix the problem witht he connection going down. Seems the wireless for the hotel/convention center was less than ideal. A lesson learned.

And we had a few people who were simply not in the system properly. If you had cast a regular ballot I would have looked up the info since usually it was either a typo error or the last and first names were mixed up in the database. Most people with that problem just cast a paper ballot and I was usually able to sort it out.

And yeah we can't help the loud people too much. By saturday afternoon I could not bear to watch the contest any longer. It had nothing to do with the quality of the videos but rather some of them I had seen dozens of times in compiling the contest and recompiling it at the last minute. Even good videos I can only watch so many times in a span of three weeks.

So I wasn't around for that particular showing or else I probably would have dealt with it. That or gotten one of our security people to deal with it.

Saberpilot
Org Profile

Post by Saberpilot » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:29 pm

I still can't believe I won... the entire con I was sweating bullets, especially when I saw that Aluminum had entered the action category. Plus, there's the familliar saying of 'nothing good comes from Windows Media Maker' and 'no one wins with their first amv'.
You can believe I was thoroughly shocked come Sunday evening...
Incidentally, I would like to work with something other than WMM, anyone have any suggestions on cheap (or free) video software?

DaPatches
Org Profile

Post by DaPatches » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:42 pm

Saberpilot wrote:I still can't believe I won... the entire con I was sweating bullets, especially when I saw that Aluminum had entered the action category. Plus, there's the familliar saying of 'nothing good comes from Windows Media Maker' and 'no one wins with their first amv'.
You can believe I was thoroughly shocked come Sunday evening...
Incidentally, I would like to work with something other than WMM, anyone have any suggestions on cheap (or free) video software?
free: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=46136
other:http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=14257

Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:43 pm

Illia Sadri wrote:Actually it was the nonsubtitled version that played. It was the only video I played with the audio levels so that it would carry a bit better. Subtitles I think would have kinda killed it for the audience so I wanted to make sure that version would play.
Thank you. I really appreciate that - the subtitled version did have some issues (distracting, covering up some of the jokes, etc.) but I wanted to provide it anyway in case the straight version wound up being inaudible.

Chris

(PS, it's up now - http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=68491)
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

Return to “AMV Contests”