Anime Expo AMV Competition Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
EvilVegettoZ
Org Profile

Post by EvilVegettoZ » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:20 am

hell yea....Ryan I hope will be down......Same with one of my friends...They could like laugh and then we'll be like "What are you laughing at?.."...Then jump over the wreckage of the table and beat on them...

neo eva
Org Profile

Post by neo eva » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:25 am

Paper airplanes are cool when they break stuff....heh heh...

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Tue Jul 09, 2002 4:12 am

MonkeyGoD wrote:
Castor Troy wrote: I got EVA ep 27 from TommyRude's cd and now I really want that controlling affictions.... *Notices that MonkeyGOD doesn't have it up for download* :(
I also liked SpPanda's "Chemicals" in the action category, and so i dont feel too bad about losing to him.
-MonkeyGoD
wait.. wha?

you liked my video?

... that's odd...
[kick]

are you ok?

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster
Org Profile

Just Saying whats up

Post by TheRealNeoHentaiMaster » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:09 am

Just want to say whats up to all those from I met at the contest. Yeah, the contest was really bad this year, but everything about thats already been said so I'll let it be.
Also, who is using the name the NeoHentaiMaster here, thats my name dammit. I guess I can understand if you jsut happen to chose the same name, but I better not find out someones been using my name to make me look bad here.
Anyway, if Evil goes through with the fight at the panel, I want to be the randon guy who comes out of no where and hits him in the back with a chair.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Re: Just Saying whats up

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Jul 09, 2002 6:15 am

TheRealNeoHentaiMaster wrote: Also, who is using the name the NeoHentaiMaster here, thats my name dammit.
did you create an account at the old site. If so that name is yours, you dont have to re-register.

punistation
Org Profile

Post by punistation » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:26 am

All of you are miserable scum.

...I'll tel you why, but let's get the light-hearted stuff outta' the way, ne?
"They finally settled a decesion setting the contest for 8 AM..."

There's an 8am in the morning now?

I can't imagine anyone getting up at 8am, let alone being dressed n' ready at a convention hall.

"...then got dressed in the same pair of clothes as yesterday."

Eeew! EEEEW! You went to a convention, with hoardes of people, walking around and getting all sweaty n' stuff, then went back in the exact same clothes?! Yuck! Isn't there an unwritten law against smelly fanboys? You icky person, you! I bonk you with my BakaHammer! *BONK*

(Hey, having an Overfiend cosplay suit rocks. All these extra arms/tentacles for holding BakaHammers. And bags full've anime goodies!)

Okay, back to the miserable scum bit:

See, the problem with me posting a Reply in this thread is that I didn't go to AX. There's no way I could afford an interstate trip right now, let alone an inter-continent one. My AMV wasn't screened at AX because of their good ol' "Technical difficulties" excuse.

(AX STAFF: "In this case, the technical difficulties were that she didn't submit an AMV.")

That being said, I can only tell what happenned at the AMV screening by what has been posted here. The only problem with that is that everyone who's talked about something that's happenned, was actually there, so the event is only commented on. NOT being there myself, I can only piece together what happenned from those comments.

I have pieced together the following:

1. There was a slight delay in the AMV screening. This is regrettable, but it happens. What can'ya do?

2. Surly AMV creator crowd is pissed at delay.

3. As-yet-unnamed AMV fan/creator destroys $15,000 screen in act of vandalism for laughs, akin to anti-globalisation protester smashing a McDonalds window. Vandal escapes scott-free, despite witnesses.

4. AMV crowd celebrate act of vandalism. With screen destroyed, AMV's cannot be screened. AMV crowd furious.

5. AX staff furious at already given so much of their own money and time for ungrateful fans, while receiving abuse by fans for not having replacement screen to replace the one they destroyed. AX Staff asked to contribute money for unexpected $15,000 bill, while at same time organise new screening for AMV fans.

6. AX staff reschedule new AMV screening. Nightmare scenario unexpectadly ended nightmarishly. Media blames violence in video games.

7. AMV fans return home, visit a-m-v.org, post how AMV screening sucked because of smashed screen. Also post how cool it was how they smashed the screen.

... that's what I've managed to piece together from reading this thread. Not being at AX, I may have missed out on a few things, or gotten them wrong entirely. If that is indeed the case, I hope someone will tell me what actually happenned. Until that time, I'll just assume that what I've pieced together actually happenned. And on that note, back to the rant:

*a-hem*

How dare you? HOW. DARE. YOU?!

YOU destroyed the screen! YOU. The AX people had their big screen nice and ready to play all your AMV's, in order, all according to plan. Then you destroy the screen!

Not only that, you're all proud of it. You think it's cool. You consider it a highlight. You're all the mob of anti-globalisation protesters who smashed the windows of the local McDonalds, then complain how the store is closed the next day. You want your burgers, dammit! You're the customers!

The poor people at AX devoted so much of themselves to please YOU people, and yet you have the audacity to claim that "if it wasn't for us, none of them would be here". Of course they wouldn't be here. They're serving YOU, you arrogant pricks. They're putting the effort in for YOU. If you weren't there, they could've stayed home, watched TV, done something nice. Instead, they devoted their time and money for YOU.

And then you destroy their screen.

Sure, it was just the one guy, but you all let him get away scott-free. Who was the one here who saw who he was, what he looked like, and kept watching while he ran away? Did the AMV fans find him and make him pay for the $15,000 damage he did, and wrecking the entire AMV screening? NO, instead you cheered and laughed at the damage done. You thought it cool, while the AX staff had to pay for it... AND reschedule everything. For YOU.

And so you all come back the next morning, complaining about the time, the weather, the errors, the fields, the banners, the dropped categories, the chaos... none of which would've happenned if YOU LOT hadn't destroyed the screen. Do you people understand that? Everything was okay, until you wrecked everything! With pride!

Everything was ruined because of you, and here you are: complaining how it was ruined, while at the same time telling us how cool it was that you were the ones that ruined it.

You miserable scum.

...now, it's entirely possible that my lil' interpratation of the AX incident may be erroneous in some parts, or in fact completely wrong. In that case, feel free to disregard the rant written above, as it was written under the assumption of false information. If you will, an unfortunate error in the communicative infrastructure, for which one regrets any miscommunication.

If I got anything wrong, please feel free to tell me what really happenned. I wasn't at AX, but I'd like to know if my rant holds merit. Rants are precious things, and we should care for them. They're special.

Kisses XXOOXX
Jen

anneke
Org Profile

Screen Pierced

Post by anneke » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:46 am

To let you know the screen was pierced with a tip of a paper airplane.

The was a small hole, that I couldn't see from the third row, and tried really hard to notice/spot it.

The screen was not ruined nor was it at all part of the reason for the contest being delayed.

Anneke

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:20 am

Screw the contest next year! I'm coming for the panel! :D
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

CArnesen
Org Profile

Post by CArnesen » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:33 am

punistation wrote:I have pieced together the following:

1. There was a slight delay in the AMV screening. This is regrettable, but it happens. What can'ya do?
This is incorrect. Because of a SIMPLE video capturing problem, they cancelled the AMV showing. What can you do? Read any video editing book...
punistation wrote:2. Surly AMV creator crowd is pissed at delay.
Or any Friday Only pass people...
punistation wrote:3. As-yet-unnamed AMV fan/creator destroys $15,000 screen in act of vandalism for laughs, akin to anti-globalisation protester smashing a McDonalds window. Vandal escapes scott-free, despite witnesses.
Actually, the screen wasn't pierced. It is designed to have holes in it. The paper airplane just got stuck in AN EXISTING HOLE.
punistation wrote:4. AMV crowd celebrate act of vandalism. With screen destroyed, AMV's cannot be screened. AMV crowd furious.
The screen wasn't even damaged. NOT ONE LITTLE BIT. The problem was that when they captured the AMV's a while back, they swapped the frame order for their capture card. Unfortunitely they didn't realize it until 1 hour before the contest and they didn't want to continue.
punistation wrote:5. AX staff furious at already given so much of their own money and time for ungrateful fans, while receiving abuse by fans for not having replacement screen to replace the one they destroyed. AX Staff asked to contribute money for unexpected $15,000 bill, while at same time organise new screening for AMV fans.
Again, no $15,000 bill...
punistation wrote:6. AX staff reschedule new AMV screening. Nightmare scenario unexpectadly ended nightmarishly. Media blames violence in video games.
If you're going to reschedule a MAJOR EVENT, schedule appropriately!
punistation wrote:7. AMV fans return home, visit a-m-v.org, post how AMV screening sucked because of smashed screen. Also post how cool it was how they smashed the screen.
Sorry, no smashed screen. Just an uneducated video editor...
punistation wrote:... that's what I've managed to piece together from reading this thread. Not being at AX, I may have missed out on a few things, or gotten them wrong entirely. If that is indeed the case, I hope someone will tell me what actually happenned. Until that time, I'll just assume that what I've pieced together actually happenned. And on that note, back to the rant:

*a-hem*

How dare you? HOW. DARE. YOU?!

YOU destroyed the screen! YOU. The AX people had their big screen nice and ready to play all your AMV's, in order, all according to plan. Then you destroy the screen!

Not only that, you're all proud of it. You think it's cool. You consider it a highlight. You're all the mob of anti-globalisation protesters who smashed the windows of the local McDonalds, then complain how the store is closed the next day. You want your burgers, dammit! You're the customers!

The poor people at AX devoted so much of themselves to please YOU people, and yet you have the audacity to claim that "if it wasn't for us, none of them would be here". Of course they wouldn't be here. They're serving YOU, you arrogant pricks. They're putting the effort in for YOU. If you weren't there, they could've stayed home, watched TV, done something nice. Instead, they devoted their time and money for YOU.

And then you destroy their screen.

Sure, it was just the one guy, but you all let him get away scott-free. Who was the one here who saw who he was, what he looked like, and kept watching while he ran away? Did the AMV fans find him and make him pay for the $15,000 damage he did, and wrecking the entire AMV screening? NO, instead you cheered and laughed at the damage done. You thought it cool, while the AX staff had to pay for it... AND reschedule everything. For YOU.

And so you all come back the next morning, complaining about the time, the weather, the errors, the fields, the banners, the dropped categories, the chaos... none of which would've happenned if YOU LOT hadn't destroyed the screen. Do you people understand that? Everything was okay, until you wrecked everything! With pride!

Everything was ruined because of you, and here you are: complaining how it was ruined, while at the same time telling us how cool it was that you were the ones that ruined it.

You miserable scum.

...now, it's entirely possible that my lil' interpratation of the AX incident may be erroneous in some parts, or in fact completely wrong. In that case, feel free to disregard the rant written above, as it was written under the assumption of false information. If you will, an unfortunate error in the communicative infrastructure, for which one regrets any miscommunication.

If I got anything wrong, please feel free to tell me what really happenned. I wasn't at AX, but I'd like to know if my rant holds merit. Rants are precious things, and we should care for them. They're special.
Boy, you really are a jackass... But then again, you WEREN'T THERE!!!

--Chris ^^

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Tue Jul 09, 2002 12:00 pm

we love you jen.

Return to “AMV Contests”