Ani-Magic AMV Contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
anneke
Org Profile

Ani-Magic AMV Contest

Post by anneke » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:29 pm

I was kicked out / fired from my position of AMV coordinator for Ani-Magic 2002 (I don't want to go into details, but they do know they have shot themselves in the foot). With the nearness of the convention, the Arroyo brothers are still going to try and move forward with the contest.

They will be picking up the entries on Monday from me. (Which means they won't have time to make a compilation tape or even export the videos from CD to VHS.)

I am being nice and exporting the videos from CD to VHS for them. I don't have to do this, but I respect the art form that is AMVs, and want to still help those Amateur AMV creators out.

At this point there are only 8 people who have entered the contest. For those who entered I'm sorry this occured, but I did try to warn people as well. They haven't set when the contest will be, but I do know they do not have projector equipment, and will be only showing the videos (for all video rooms) on TV sets. It's promising to be a very bad contest.

Because I know the contest will go so badly. I am doing what I can to make it up to the creators. In Feb. I run an Anime room at a convention located in LA (Near LAX), and will be showing the videos at that convention. I may also be sending out a copy of all the entries to those who entered, along with some thank you gifts. Further info will be given to the creators via Snail Mail in a few weeks.

Anneke

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:55 pm

I assume ani magic is gonna be like attending a train wreck.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

anneke
Org Profile

Actually Different

Post by anneke » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:48 pm

Actually different. See your not attending a train wreck, your actually sitting on the train. ;P

Anneke

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:42 pm

I'm one of the eight entrants, and I'd just like to express my thanks to you for not just chucking the contest materials whole and shaking the con's dust from your feet.

Thank you extra, also, for going the extra mile to make sure that the entrants get a decent area showing. This is definitely a Beer Debt, or an Opinion Debt if our paths are fated not to cross.

--K.
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

Return to “AMV Contests”