AWA Iron Chef

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:37 pm

paizuri wrote:How they pick the competitor is another story altogether.
(huge list deleted)
I thought the winner of Masters was the Challenger. (Think about the competitors for the past few years) I'm not saying Ian isn't a good choice, but that's how I thought it worked. Guess I was wrong. :)
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:40 pm

damnit i have to see these vids. why did i have to leave at 6 o~clock why :cry:
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:42 pm

It is usually the winner of Masters, yeah. Unfortunately the winner of masters was not at AWA this year.

Although I can't give an official reason, I think they wanted someone they could guarantee to be there and wanted to announce it at the con. I gave my assurances. Also, asking me to be the competitor allowed a little extra hype over the US vs UK thing so it was deemed a "good idea".

Lethann
Org Profile

Post by Lethann » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:45 pm

As far as I know of, Iron Chief is Quu's baby... to be a challenger you have to be able to prove to HIM that you can do it. Just cause you're a good AMV editor doesn't mean you can hack the pressure of making a vid in 2 hours.

Anyway.. I'll urge him to post here once I let him out of his 2 week seclusion. 8) He (and his nerves) need a break. Do you know how good it feels to have the house all to ourselves after 2 weeks of non-stop company? :shock: I loved AWA, but I'm glad it's over. ^_^

So speaks Quu2
LOL
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)
The Silver Phoenix | My LiveJournal | My AMV-dot-org Profile

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:44 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:It is usually the winner of Masters, yeah. Unfortunately the winner of masters was not at AWA this year.
True. And if I had been, and then been asked (bribed? threatened?)...I don't know. Two hours is not much, especially if Premiere is involved. On the other hand, if Hsien can do it with quarts of alcohol in him...hey, anything's possible :).
AbsoluteDestiny wrote:Although I can't give an official reason, I think they wanted someone they could guarantee to be there and wanted to announce it at the con. I gave my assurances. Also, asking me to be the competitor allowed a little extra hype over the US vs UK thing so it was deemed a "good idea".
AD vs Kusoyaro sounds like a great matchup to me. From what little I've seen, I think the two of you have quite different editing styles. It could be very interesting. With some planning and a little luck, I'll be there to watch it unfold.
Lethann wrote:Just cause you're a good AMV editor doesn't mean you can hack the pressure of making a vid in 2 hours.
Very true. Especially with hundreds of people watching your every move.

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:34 am

dokidoki wrote:
paizuri wrote:How they pick the competitor is another story altogether.
I thought the winner of Masters was the Challenger.
I really never thought Masters had anything to do with it. The fact that I was the Challenger the year after I won Masters was a coincidence, i think. And last year, Joe just happened to be around afterwards when they were deciding on the Challenger.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

Lethann
Org Profile

Post by Lethann » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:48 pm

Kusoyaro wrote:I really never thought Masters had anything to do with it. The fact that I was the Challenger the year after I won Masters was a coincidence, i think. And last year, Joe just happened to be around afterwards when they were deciding on the Challenger.
After talking with Quu last night, this is exactly what happened. He confirms that he is the lone judge of who gets to be challenger and that it was simply coincidence that it was the previous year's winner of Masters.

So basically, if you want to do Iron Chief, you have to bribe Quu and prove you don't mind having a couple hundred people watching over your shoulder and having the Judges poke fun at you while you're trying to work.

Which reminds me... Everone please encourage and buy stuff from the Sponcer this year. He REALLY wants to come back next year, and all he has to do is break even... but if he can't even do that then he can't justify doing it again next year. Also, they will be putting out a DVD with the DDR track and the Iron Chief vids on it. It will be avalable only for the cost of shipping I believe. More details will be on the sponcer's website and will be posted here eventually.
Shade and Sweetwater,
Lethann Aeda
(aka Quu's Wife)
The Silver Phoenix | My LiveJournal | My AMV-dot-org Profile

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:35 pm

What's the link to the sponsers website? is it www.expertdv.com ?

if so I've been surfering around for that little controller that they gave Hsien and Joe and I can't find it on their site. I might be interested in buying that from them, possibly just help out on bringing them back. I think editors could be interested in that little device too.

Kwasek
Org Profile

Post by Kwasek » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:53 pm

http://www.expertdv.com/awa

There is the actual link for AWA.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Fri Oct 04, 2002 6:34 pm

basically... its inperation

you have to impress me... and... it has to click...

I was wracking my brain... trying to figure out who would be a good challenger... honestly so many choices... and i was super worried they would nto show up next year (way to many awards getting mailed out

when I passed ian in the back of the vat... it just clicked...

I asked him... and he agreed...

that is basically how it work... right place, right time right editor...

I basically look for who will put on a good show... not who is "the best"

its a show after all... (of course you have to be good... )
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Return to “AMV Contests”