Reminder! Yaoi-Con entries due!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
alatri
Org Profile

Reminder! Yaoi-Con entries due!

Post by alatri » Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:32 pm

Hi!

This is a reminder that entries for the Yaoi-Con Music Video Contest are to be postmarked by Friday, September 20.

Also, I wanted to clarify what we accept for video entries. A lot of people think that we are just taking 'yaoi' videos, but we're more open than that! :)

Basically, we take all videos that are about the guys in anime. Drama, Action, Comedy, Romance... the usual suspects. :wink: There are only three main subject matter rules:

1. If using Romance as a theme in the video, it must be m/m (either explicit or implied).

2. Character footage used within the video must be mostly of the male characters in anime. (Doesn't have to be exclusively, just mostly.)

3. Excessive violence is discouraged and major violence in videos will only be accepted if it truly fits in with the theme and the categories. (Please note that 'horror' and 'gore' are not among the categories.)

If you have any questions, please let me know!
yaoicon @ att.net

The basic Rules for the contest are on our website at:
http://yaoicon.com/musicvid.htm

Yaoi-Con Attendees will view the videos at the convention and will vote on awards for:
- Audience Favorite (this is likely to be a yaoi vid)
- Best Romance - Best Comedy - Best Drama - Best Action

Technical Judges will view the videos before the convention and decide on awards for:
- Best Matching Theme ("Friendship Eternal")
- Best Technical
- Most Artistic

Honorable Mentions will be awarded as the staff sees fit.

Thanks with Smiles!
-- Larissa =^..^=
Yaoi-Con AMV Coordinator

--------------------------------------------------
"There's no point in being pessimistic --
It wouldn't work anyhow!"
-------------------------------------------------

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Sep 18, 2002 6:59 pm

Stupid equipment, didn't get here in time for me to plan out and do an entire video. All I have that would be ready by the twentieth is old stuff that doesn't match teh catagory and a crappy little harlock video that is by FAR not my best work.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “AMV Contests”