Ohayocon 2005 AMV contest

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Ohayocon 2005 AMV contest

Post by Illia Sadri » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:53 am

The weather is getting a little bit colder now, meaning the new year and another Ohayocon.

Anyone whose interested, the deadline is all of two months away being December 15th, 2004. So there's plenty of time to finish up new videos and to submit them.

The basic rules:

File formats: mpeg2 or huffy are the preferred codecs as mpeg2 will be the format used for the contest. I will also accept uncompressed avi, mpeg1, xvid, divx, and quicktime. Windows Media and Real media are absolutely not accepted. Ogg files I really am not familiar with how to convert so I am not going to be able to take those.

Media Formats: cd+/- r/rw, dvd+/- r/rw are the preferred media formats. VHS is also accepted but not preferred. I am working at getting ftp upload as an option as well.

Length: Keep it at 5 minutes or less please. If a video is over the time limit, it will be placed on a 'if time permits' status.

Content: Basic PG-13 standard. If the song needs to be bleeped on the radio, or if there's sexual nudity, or rather ecessive violence it won't be used in the main contest viewing. However, if you have an r or nc-17 rated video submit it and we can show it later in the night in the video rooms out of contest.

Please cut the bumpers out of your submission copy. We are making our own bumpers for the contest. It simply saves a bit of time to not have to do this and means I can spend the time making a better product in general.

Don't send videos with subtitles or logos. Subtitles if used as a deliberate part of the video is an exception. Frankly, subtitles are a distraction as many of us are trained to follow the words at the bottom of the screen.

Vintage: Video can be of any age if it has not been submitted to a con previously. If its been to other cons we rather it be less than a year old.

Absolutely no videos that has won at a convention before the deadline. Trolling will automatically be a DQ. If a video wins at a con around or after the submission deadline, its acceptable. (Is that even much of a factor considering there are almost no conventions between thanksgiving and new years?) Online contests don't count for trolling.

Categories:
Action/Horror
Comedy/Upbeat
Romance/Sentimental
Drama/Serious

There will be a winner for each category based on the voting that will be determined 50% by creator judges and 50% by audience ballot.

Submission: Deadline is Friday, December 15th, 2004. I need it in my mailbox by that time so that things are ready by Jan 14th.

All submissions need to also be accompanied by the form which you can snag from http://www.ohayocon.com and I do think all the amv related things are listed under events if coming in from the main page. You can mail that in, or fill it out, scan it and give it back to me via email. I simply need that form in addition to the video.

Mail-in submissions should be sent to this address

Lynn Hunt
Attn: Ohayocon AMV Contest
P0 Box 13
Johnson Creek, WI 53038

any questions or comments can be posted here or sent to me via email at video@ohayocon.com.

Um..... I think I have everything but its early and I'm a dunce regardless. If anything is unclear please ask.

[/url][/b]

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:49 am

I'll be sure to enter again. Ohio Gene Starwind 21122 is coming back to bring you more laughs and some good drama. Starwind/Hawking Production (Gene Starwind 21122) "We know our drama."

Voices_Of_Ryan
Org Profile

Post by Voices_Of_Ryan » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:21 am

genestarwind21122 wrote:I'll be sure to enter again. Ohio Gene Starwind 21122 is coming back to bring you more laughs and some good drama. Starwind/Hawking Production (Gene Starwind 21122) "We know our drama."
You've encouraged me to make a dance video...
I'll enter the con.
"hey... no"

MajinTrunks1006
Org Profile

Post by MajinTrunks1006 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:03 am

unleass I forget the deadline again and never get around to making the vid like I did at the last con i planed on entering :oops: then I'll deffinitly enter.

Wong
Org Profile

Post by Wong » Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:49 pm

I have a couple vid ideas runnin in my head that i think would go great, i will probobly enter.
NEW!!!NEW!!!NEW!!! MWG Productions NEW!!!NEW!!!NEW!!!
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=52950
AMVfreak wrote:Now, step outside of your room and take a step out into the real world for awhile, huh?

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:09 am

Bumping this since the info is already up above.

The contest Web page says the deadline is December 10 - which is a Friday, unlike the Dec 15 mentioned in the first post.

I'd go with the Dec. 10 date if you're entering. That's only five days away.

kitsunebeolnet
Wants Extra Stuff By Name
Org Profile

Post by kitsunebeolnet » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:50 am

Should we have received some sort of confirmation if our videos have been received? I mailed my submissions about 3-4 weeks ago and have not heard anything.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:47 am

I'll probably be mailing my videos out by the 11th. I'm still trying to finish up a new video for the contest. It will make it's debut at Ohayocon and Katsucon this year.

Well I hope you enjoy it.

Gene Starwind 21122

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:17 pm

:-/

Might not be able to get my entry done in time like I promised Lynn. Things have come up with some tests and whatnot (i.e. GRE and graduate apps) and I'm really busy with those.

I will probably start editing again when the holidays hit (and all my apps are in), but that's after your deadline...

Sorry :cry:
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

dji
Org Profile

Post by dji » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:44 pm

lynn,

as promised I will be there.. and I will have at least one entry. I'm just about done a new video... and my current plan is to enter both of them.

so you're at least getting one new video from me; in case you cared :D
"12 out of 10 crazy bald guys luv my new avatar!"

Return to “AMV Contests”