Fanime Contest Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Starherd
Org Profile

Post by Starherd » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:25 am

Ah, but you have stumbled amidst the video creators, who nitpick each other to death. :-D (Believe me, I've been in really ridiculous arguments, with actual anger and bad feelings going on... this is downright friendly by comparison. So, don't be scared off or anything; it's just in (most of our) natures, I think, to try to understand every little detail. By demanding answers. >_< For the most part, hashing things out only makes for better videos and better contests down the line, if people can stay civil. Just duck when you hear the bombs falling and you'll be fine. :-)

(I seriously don't see much in the way of people just being mean or attacking each other here; maybe other people do, and that's why I'm lost, with questions unanswered. What people were being loud seem to have stopped, anyway...) :-P

And I second the first question, since I'd love to leave good reviews for both of those. :-) (I still don't like Gundam 0083, and still avidly dislike Nina Purpleton, but "Love is a Battlefield" was a great video!)
Rune72 wrote:First, im wondering when the creators of Extraordinary World and Love is a Battlefield are going to upload their videos. Id like very much to see them again.

Second, im wondering, what is all this ridiculous arguments about? Is this common among this community? Personally, im just a viewer who greatly enjoyed the show (great work guys, a definetely excellent year) and so maybe I cant see the underlying arguments between you, but the amount of anger being shown in this topic just seems foolish. I voted for Extraordinary World as being best of show, despite thinking that while interesting, the hand drawn segment in the middle was drawn out much too long. Maybe my enjoyment of it is explainable because im a simple AMV fan who is attracted by big colors and happy effects, or I was dirtied beforehand like the judges. I guess thats for you guys to say.

Anyways, constructive criticism is understandable, but do you people really need to attack at each other like wounded animals?

SpPANDA
Org Profile

Post by SpPANDA » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:16 am

Rune72 wrote:Anyways, constructive criticism is understandable, but do you people really need to attack at each other like wounded animals?
if we didnt, we'd all die alone with really big heads. :/

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:28 pm

Extraordinary World will be posted after the 3 cons I submitted it to are over. I've refrained from commenting about the video's contents at all, as well, until it premieres at all the cons I want it to.

HurQlez03
Org Profile

Post by HurQlez03 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:57 am

hey ermac. It seems that I have to wait for the moderator to confirm my membership to the group but I got no answer. Are you the moderator?

ErMaC
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:54 pm

No I'm not.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm

I don't recall having to get mod approval to join the amv mailing list. :?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

ErMaC
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:25 pm

It changed recently once the list came under attack by spambots. I think that was maybe a year ago or so.

Masahiko29
Org Profile

Post by Masahiko29 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:30 pm

Me too! I've been waiting for moderator approval for almost a week. I even sent an e-mail to the moderator (owner), but it was directed to someone without the authority to approve my membership. I'd really like to read ErMaC's Fanime reviews, and this wait is getting frustrating. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one on the wait list.

Would someone who is already a member please contact the moderator and ask him to do his magic and let us in?

Thanks.

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:50 am

I submitted to this contest but I don't even know if my video showed or the audience reaction. It wasn't played at ACEN.

I can think of two reasons.

I sent two versions of the vid. One with Credits, one with just poetic text. I wonder if that was a bad idea. ;_; I even gave instructions as to which one should be in the contest. [dur...non-credit version?]

The other is that my final scene in the amv I sent had a love scene of two naked people on a bed. Mind you there wasn't any pubic area or nipple showing at all but hey, even that would get it disqualified I'm sure.

I don't think it was the song choice since I don't think Japanese Language music was banned from cons. If that's so, FUCK YOU ALL... :lol:

Can someone tell me if "Together - Soothing Symphonic" even played and if people were either gaping in awe or booed it off the screen? I wasn't there so. Just asking a huge favor. :D
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

derm
Org Profile

Post by derm » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:28 pm

ErMaC wrote:I think that was maybe a year ago or so.
And were there any new members since then?

Somebody please contact the mod :( Or at least tell us who he is so we can mail him.

Return to “AMV Contests”