Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:58 pm

err.. ment where not what , very tired going to bed soon :zzzz:

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:28 pm

Dammit, this con is right in my backyard and I didn't find out about it until last night. :x

I so would've entered too... :(
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:04 pm

Bummer!

None of my entries made it! Ah well, I tried. I'll probably expect this as well with Sugoicon as well. But hey, 1 out of 3 cons ain't bad. My two vids that I submitted made it to Nekocon, and like ANTDrakko said in his post, it was a shock cause Nekocon was the first con that I had my videos that I entered actually make it. So I'm happy with the entry alone. But I'm just ranting on. Time to shut up!

"I have seen the top of the mountain, and it is good."

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:44 pm

(Inu Yasha) Dark Schneider you can't be hard on yourself. Heck I remeber my first video I submitted to a con, which was Otakon 2003 and,Gene's Last Breath wasa the vid , didn't get into the contest. When I found out it came close that was a heart breaker. But it takes some people time to get into contest and as you have said you got into one of the cons already. Lets put it this way. I started making vids on August 31, 2002 and it took me until Anime Next 2003 to get into a con contest. My first contest was with wherenextproductions.net in 2003 which was a small online contest and made it to the semis where SSJVegita0609 beat me to go to the finals. Now I'm rambling on. Inu Yasha calm down and "Sit Boy!"

Gene Starwind 21122

VicBond007
Org Profile

Post by VicBond007 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:30 pm

Overflow is going to be Saturday morning in the main events room, 8AM-9:30AM (might start late depending on previous night's alcohol consumption rate) :wink:
"With free bagels we can live like Kings!...Kings who have to pay for their own castle in order to get the free bagels!" - Omar Jenkins

DarkSchneider
Org Profile

Post by DarkSchneider » Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:10 am

Actually, I got no problem with that, gene. That's why I submitted the same two videos to three cons. Kinda gave me a better chance to see which videos would make it. It was a good omen when the Nekocon AMV coordinator e-mailed me asking how my name was to appear on the ballot. That was really awesome, I couldn't believe it. I simply wanted to find out if my vids were good enough or somethin, I got my answer from Nekocon, the videos played at the contest and I'm cool with that. I know that my two videos now will be in an overflow AMV video room. Now I wonder about Sugoicon, will it make it? Ya know, but hey thanks for the advice. And I've already started on two new vids, I'm aiming for hopefully February to finish it, but if I'm at a snails pace (like sometimes), I'm shooting for AX2004.

Return to “AMV Contests”