Interesting Contest Idea

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Suzuki_Akira
Org Profile

Post by Suzuki_Akira » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:06 am

That's true. Beginners ARE handicapped. The point was, however, to let them be handicapped ONLY in experience. That was what I meant by interesting. I used WIndows Movie Maker as an example because it is one of the limiting programs I could think of, since I own it. I upgraded it to WMM2, and that helps some. The added some nice transitions, but I want flash effects and clip overlays, and it bothers me that I can't do it on WMM. I like debates, and we've got one right here. I think the

Suzuki_Akira
Org Profile

Post by Suzuki_Akira » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:40 am

No more opinions on this? It was getting good...

dwchang
Sad Boy on Site
Org Profile

Post by dwchang » Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Suzuki_Akira wrote:No more opinions on this? It was getting good...
To be honest, I think we already covered most of it up and for the most part agreed on the software issue..i.e there isn't an issue and if the editor is capable, they can make something good.
-Daniel
Newest Video: Through the Years and Far Away aka Sad Girl in Space

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Re: Interesting Contest Idea

Post by SarahtheBoring » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:17 pm

Yeah, but I think this (below) would make an interesting contest anyway. It's not about newbieism - newbies are always going to have a learning curve, that's just something we all have to go through. (I'm going through it right now. Watch me! :P)

TaranT wrote: Looks like you kicked up a lot of dust with your first (?) post :o. As the others have pointed out, the software isn't the main issue. However, it would be possible to level the field by setting the contest rules to accomodate the lowest common denominator. For example:

* use any software package you want
* edit with unchanged footage (no effects of any kind)
* no overlays, no motion, no zooms, etc.
* transition with cuts, fades & cross-dissolves only
* etc.

I think this is closer to what you were suggesting. But it still doesn't level the field vis-a-vis experience, skill and talent. Beginners are handicapped no matter what the tools are.
I think it would just be an interesting contest, even if it's not some kind of playing-field-leveling thing. Just because it's something different. :) I like retro vids.

Dannywilson
Org Profile

Re: Interesting Contest Idea

Post by Dannywilson » Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:30 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:
dwchang wrote:
Greatest retort EVAR!!!

"It wasn't us. It was them! The Warriors..."
"Dont gimme that...."
Are you turning faggot on me?
"in the morning when i have wood..i like to walk around my house and bump random shit with it.... " -Random comment on grouphug.us

Return to “AMV Contests”