Anime NYC 2024 AMV Contest - Now Accepting submissions!

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
xSkylark
Org Profile

Re: Anime NYC 2024 AMV Contest - Now Accepting submissions!

Post by xSkylark » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:04 pm

WOW MANGO AT THE JAVITS CENTER! I will work towards submitting, it would be cool to get a pass since I am local! Thank you for your hard work on this, and pushing for ADA support. If you happen to need any help on this or the panel, you have my discord I didn't know you ran this contest!

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:59 pm

Are the shorts also subject to the October 15, 2023 premier rule?
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

Mango
Org Profile

Post by Mango » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:06 pm

animefan1 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:59 pm
Are the shorts also subject to the October 15, 2023 premier rule?
Yes unfortunately. We will not accept AMVs prior to October 15th, 2023 [the deadline of last year's contest], shorts or otherwise. Thank you for checking!
AMV Contest Coordinator @Anime NYC
Submissions Open! Deadline June 4th 2024!

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:41 pm

Mango wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:06 pm
Yes unfortunately. We will not accept AMVs prior to October 15th, 2023 [the deadline of last year's contest], shorts or otherwise. Thank you for checking!
Ok, well I was still able to submit one short and one regular AMV. Thanks for letting me know.
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

Mango
Org Profile

Post by Mango » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:35 am

Hello all! I just wanted to give folks the heads-up that Anime NYC 3 day badges are currently sold out. Currently the only guaranteed way to be there for all three days of the convention is to buy 3 singular day badges. Just so folks know, this year 3 day badges were sold out in about ~2 hours after they went for sale.

There is also a wait-list option for a 3-day badge, however that depends on someone rescinding/refunding their badge which means there is no guarantee that the waitlist will prove fruitful, or you may have to wait a long time [close to the convention date, when there are a lot more last minute cancellations] to be confirmed a pass. There have been those successful on the wait-list system though!

Of course if you are a finalist to our contest that is another way to obtain a badge for all 3 days of the convention, either for this year or any future year. If you bought a badge [or 3 individual badges] prior to becoming a finalist it is easy for us to get you a refund the passes you bought and replace the badge outright with the free one you've earned.

I bring this up because a lot of people have been contacting me their plans to go to Anime NYC, and furthermore have been solidifying their travel plans, without realizing that the 3-day badges are sold out.

Please plan accordingly because although I hope to see a lot of editors there, my hands are unfortunately tied in the matter of badges.

ComplicatedMuse
Org Profile

Post by ComplicatedMuse » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:31 pm

I was in queue twice (once in presale & failed and again in the real sale), and luckily landed myself a 3-day pass. The ideal case now is I become a finalist, get my pass refunded, and someone else can get my 3-day pass *fingers and toes all crossed* ;)

Mango
Org Profile

Post by Mango » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:50 am

ComplicatedMuse wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:31 pm
I was in queue twice (once in presale & failed and again in the real sale), and luckily landed myself a 3-day pass. The ideal case now is I become a finalist, get my pass refunded, and someone else can get my 3-day pass *fingers and toes all crossed* ;)
Glad to hear someone vouch for how tough it is to get 3-day badges hahaha.
I am looking forward to your submission and even if your video doesn't make finals, I hope that you stop by and say hi! I love meeting editors at the con! <3 <3 <3

Last bumped by Mango on Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:50 am.

Return to “AMV Contests”