Zenkaikon 2024 AMV Contest with Winners

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
CDLang84
Org Profile

Zenkaikon 2024 AMV Contest with Winners

Post by CDLang84 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:41 pm

Ok here are the official rules of the amv contest, although at this time they haven't been put up on the main website as yet. Make sure to read the rules, I made some clarifications on some and also added a new category that I'm testing out this year. So with that in mind here are the rules and if anyone has has any questions feel free to contact me via pm or email: colin.langdon@zenkaikon.org or post in the comments below and I'll try to answer them as fast as I can. Also, if anyone is having trouble with the submission forms feel to comment below or pm me.

The deadline to submit your videos is March 3rd @ 11:59pm EST.
You may submit up to three (3) videos, to three (3) separate categories.

Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Any attempt to submit work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in a permanent blacklisting from future Zenkaikon AMV contests.

For quality and downloading purposes, entries should be submitted in .mp4 format (no quicktime, wmv, rp please) and with either a 720p or 1080p resolution.

CATEGORIES: Action, Drama, Romance, Upbeat, Comedy, Free Range and Trailer/Shorts category (NEW).

All entries must be a minimum of one (1) minute in length up to a maximum of five minutes thirty seconds (5:30).
Entries must contain at least 75% Japanese animation, with the exception of Free Range Fandom submissions (see below).

TRAILER CATEGORY /SHORTS (NEW) (We get a lot of short amvs submissions that they will fall under, these videos will fall between 1 minute and 2 minutes in length)
FREE RANGE FANDOM

Have you had an idea for a non-anime music video? Maybe a cool Marvel MCU video? Or something Star Wars-related? How about a Rick and Morty video? If you’ve had an idea for a non-Japanese live-action or cartoon video that you’ve not been able to submit to other cons because they only accept anime videos, now’s your time to shine! All contest rules apply to Free Range Fandom videos just as any other category (with the exception of videos containing at least 75% Japanese animation).

Any submission with significant audio/video degradation, watermarks, logos, anime titles, Japanese-produced opening and closing credits, and/or fan-produced (fansub) or licensed subtitles will not be accepted and result in disqualification.

For legal reasons, we cannot accept any submission that contains English audio from english dubbed anime. Japanese audio is acceptable, however. (To clarify this means do not use English audio from an American distribution companies (examples: Funimation (Crunchyroll), Discotek, Sentai etc).

Video submissions will be accepted via Google Drive (preferred method) or Dropbox links only (onedrive is also acceptable). Any other form of submission will result in entry disqualification. (Youtube etc) Please ensure before submitting your video that your Google Drive or Dropbox link is set to allow anyone to download your video file.

Please have your video file labeled in your Google Drive or Dropbox as:
Real Name_ Username_ amv title_ music_anime_ category (Example: Colin Langdon_ cdlang84_Dragula Symphony_ Rob Zombie_ Dragula_ Castlevania_ Action) 

Please do not insert bumpers, video titles, or credits anywhere into your video. We will be creating Zenkaikon-specific bumpers to introduce each entry for the contest finals.

Our contest is rated PG-13 but the following excessive materials are not allowed: nudity, excessive blood, major dismemberment, overly foul language/lyrics, racial or verbal obscenities, and any form of suicide. Entries with this content will be immediately disqualified. If the content is questionable it will be put in a special screening to see if it’s acceptable for showing to a con audience.

DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns.

Zenkaikon reserves the right to reject any video submission for any reason.
Contest rules are subject to change at any time.
You can access the amv form here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sharing

Also, if you have amv 18+ content that you want to show feel free to drop me a pm with the link and I'll show it at my amv 18+ panel.
Last edited by CDLang84 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CDLang84
Org Profile

Re: Zenkaikon 2024 AMV Contest

Post by CDLang84 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:42 pm

Sorry for the delay, last minute quality checks. Without further ado. This has been updated with the winners. I'm doing it now while I'm still thinking about it. The Winners are highlight in bold and marked where necessary.

Action

angesty metal - Silent Hero
AOE - Spuddstaaa
Parasite Eve- The Night130
Kickstart My Heart- Takeshi
Blazing Wild Hearts- Silkamv

Drama

Deathrattle- hilovids
Dance in Memoriam- Minetchan
Illumination Spectrum- Speedy180 Coordinator's Choice
Broken Home- Nashironeko
Armor ex Machina- SynaesthesiaProductions

Romance

Steal the Show- Tyken
Emily Wild Vibes- The LazeyDaze
Fictoromantic- Ileia
Kaguya Walker- SpuddStaaa
Found x Family- Violet Skies

Comedy

Use This Code for 15% Off This AMV- Ileia&Dr.Dino
All Might: Lets Save the Earth- GoldnJeans11
Panda Suffering Adulthood- PerkyPastry
I'm Just Tamaken- hilovids
Run Makoto Run- Qwaqa Also Best in Show

Upbeat

Double Take- BecauseImBored1
Make the Moves Up As I Go- SonsofKorhal9
Miss Everything- Nashironeko
Welcome to the DCC- Takeshi
Disco Expansion: Infinite Rizz- Ileia Honorable Mention

Trailer / Shorts

Kinetic Gaara- Tyken
Haunted Hijinks- drewaconclusion
Typhoon- Silvercoat
Outlawz of the Galaxy Vol3.- Speedy180
David Strange & the Multiverse of Madness- StandardQuip & Reisir Judge's Award
Ultimate High School Jury Duty- SpuddStaaa
Nuclear Genesis- Mora

Free Range

I'm Still Scanlan- Tyken
Nimoner? I Barely Know Her- Troubleclef
Forged by Fire- Rider4Z
Imagi- tech- enation- Violet Skies
Follow Me- Silent Hero
Last edited by CDLang84 on Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CDLang84
Org Profile

Post by CDLang84 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:44 pm

CDLang84 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:41 pm
Ok here are the official rules of the amv contest, although at this time they haven't been put up on the main website as yet. Make sure to read the rules, I made some clarifications on some and also added a new category that I'm testing out this year. So with that in mind here are the rules and if anyone has has any questions feel free to contact me via pm or email: colin.langdon@zenkaikon.org or post in the comments below and I'll try to answer them as fast as I can. Also, if anyone is having trouble with the submission forms feel to comment below or pm me.

The deadline to submit your videos is March 3rd @ 11:59pm EST.
You may submit up to three (3) videos, to three (3) separate categories.

Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Any attempt to submit work belonging to anyone other than yourself will result in a permanent blacklisting from future Zenkaikon AMV contests.

For quality and downloading purposes, entries should be submitted in .mp4 format (no quicktime, wmv, rp please) and with either a 720p or 1080p resolution.

CATEGORIES: Action, Drama, Romance, Upbeat, Comedy, Free Range and Trailer/Shorts category (NEW).

All entries must be a minimum of one (1) minute in length up to a maximum of five minutes thirty seconds (5:30).
Entries must contain at least 75% Japanese animation, with the exception of Free Range Fandom submissions (see below).

TRAILER CATEGORY /SHORTS (NEW) (We get a lot of short amvs submissions that they will fall under, these videos will fall between 1 minute and 2 minutes in length)
FREE RANGE FANDOM

Have you had an idea for a non-anime music video? Maybe a cool Marvel MCU video? Or something Star Wars-related? How about a Rick and Morty video? If you’ve had an idea for a non-Japanese live-action or cartoon video that you’ve not been able to submit to other cons because they only accept anime videos, now’s your time to shine! All contest rules apply to Free Range Fandom videos just as any other category (with the exception of videos containing at least 75% Japanese animation).

Any submission with significant audio/video degradation, watermarks, logos, anime titles, Japanese-produced opening and closing credits, and/or fan-produced (fansub) or licensed subtitles will not be accepted and result in disqualification.

For legal reasons, we cannot accept any submission that contains English audio from english dubbed anime. Japanese audio is acceptable, however. (To clarify this means do not use English audio from an American distribution companies (examples: Funimation (Crunchyroll), Discotek, Sentai etc).

Video submissions will be accepted via Google Drive (preferred method) or Dropbox links only (onedrive is also acceptable). Any other form of submission will result in entry disqualification. (Youtube etc) Please ensure before submitting your video that your Google Drive or Dropbox link is set to allow anyone to download your video file.

Please have your video file labeled in your Google Drive or Dropbox as:
Real Name_ Username_ amv title_ music_anime_ category (Example: Colin Langdon_ cdlang84_Dragula Symphony_ Rob Zombie_ Dragula_ Castlevania_ Action) 

Please do not insert bumpers, video titles, or credits anywhere into your video. We will be creating Zenkaikon-specific bumpers to introduce each entry for the contest finals.

Our contest is rated PG-13 but the following excessive materials are not allowed: nudity, excessive blood, major dismemberment, overly foul language/lyrics, racial or verbal obscenities, and any form of suicide. Entries with this content will be immediately disqualified. If the content is questionable it will be put in a special screening to see if it’s acceptable for showing to a con audience.

DVD copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns.

Zenkaikon reserves the right to reject any video submission for any reason.
Contest rules are subject to change at any time.
You can access the amv form here:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sharing

Also, if you have amv 18+ content that you want to show feel free to drop me a pm with the link and I'll show it at my amv 18+ panel.

PrincessMareep
Org Profile

Post by PrincessMareep » Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:05 pm

Bumping for visibility!
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.” ✿

alphasigmaevolved
Org Profile

Post by alphasigmaevolved » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:09 am

Will you also be providing a list of the AMVs to be showing at the 18+ AMV panel that's separate from this contest?

CDLang84
Org Profile

Post by CDLang84 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:01 pm

alphasigmaevolved wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:09 am
Will you also be providing a list of the AMVs to be showing at the 18+ AMV panel that's separate from this contest?
I don't usually since normally I don't have the editors names and names of the videos, but the ones I put together myself I do. But I can give you a list of the videos after they are shown since I'm still putting together the panel.

CDLang84
Org Profile

Post by CDLang84 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:02 pm

Don't forget about 2 weeks left! Show me some love and send those amvs! Show me what you got!

CDLang84
Org Profile

Post by CDLang84 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:58 pm

Due at the end of this week! So make sure to get those entries in!

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:04 pm

Is there a freshness rule for the entries? Also, for the shorts, are AMV Comedian/Hell entries allowed? I have a few of those i'd like to submit.
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

animefan1
Org Profile

Post by animefan1 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:01 pm

Submitted 3 entries. (and gave you a few for the 18+ panel too!)
Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

Return to “AMV Contests”