SUBMISSION FORM: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform
Action - Intense and energetic edits from the most eye-catching moments in animation.
Romance/Sentimental - Share the love! Showcasing moments that tug at the heartstrings.
Drama - Serious or thrilling videos that tell a story/emotion.
Trailer - Parody edits of existing trailers, commercials or other similar media.
Comedy/Fun - Make us laugh or smile! Anything related to comedy, upbeat or dance.
- Deadline: August 1st, 2023 at 11:59pm CT.
- Freshness rule: AMVs must not be premiered before September 1st, 2021.
- We accept all forms of animation and video game content including:
- Anime (Japanese, Chinese, and Korean animated media)
- Video games (Kingdom Hearts, Genshin, etc.)
- Western cartoons (Avatar the Last Airbender, Arcane, etc.)
- Participants can submit 2 AMVs max to different categories. An editor may enter a third video if and only if one of those 3 videos are submitted to comedy/fun or trailer.
- Videos should not contain excessive violence, language, or content that would place it above a PG-13 rating. AMVs are allowed at max 1-2 curse words, however racial slurs and other derogatory language aimed to denigrate or unfairly harass others is barred from the contest.
- Nudity, sexual content, or excessive gore/violence will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but will usually get you disqualified.
- All submissions must be sent through a cloud-based file sharing service that is accessible to the public (Google Drive, Dropbox, Mega, etc.). YouTube links will not be accepted. We do not accept physical submissions.
VIDEO & AUDIO QUALITY
- Video length: Minimum video length is 1 minute, maximum video length is 5 minutes. Trailers are an exception and can be a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Videos should not contain watermarks, TV logos, studio bumpers, credits or texts that are unnecessary to the content or context of the video.
- Audio from videos should be mostly music unless it is a trailer/commercial edit.
- Videos should not contain subtitles that were not created by the editor.
- Entries should be of reasonable video and audio quality. Videos that have a resolution and frame rate less than 480p and 23.976fps may be disqualified.
- Videos must be in a format that can be read by VLC Media Player and Media Player Classic (mp4 and mkv files preferred).
- Files sizes should be kept small. Please keep files to be at max 2 GB.
Best of category
Best in Show
Awards will be given out during the results screening or through the mail. Due to budget restraints, we can only send physical awards to those residing in the USA.