ConnectiCon 2023 FMV Contest [WINNERS POSTED!]

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
TheHandler
Org Profile

ConnectiCon 2023 FMV Contest [WINNERS POSTED!]

Post by TheHandler » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:57 pm

Source: https://connecticon.org/events/fmv-contest-winners
Congrats everyone! See you next year! <3
Last edited by TheHandler on Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Rae --- @appar.rae --- HaloKami Productions --- ConnectiCon FMV Contest Coordinator

PerkyPastry
Org Profile

Re: ConnectiCon 2023 FMV Contest [Open March 1-June 15]

Post by PerkyPastry » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:01 pm

Just going to put it out there to let you know that those of us who submitted to the 2021 contest are probably feeling highly disincentivized to submit this year after the ConnectiCon AMV team failed to post the finalists or winners in their thread here or anywhere else online.

Nothing against you since you seem to be new and probably not privy to the goings on of previous years, and I hope the lines of communication between the ConnectiCon team and the editor participants can now be open going forward, but I think many of us would like some assurance here that the same issue will not happen again before we consider submitting.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:08 am

PerkyPastry wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:01 pm
Just going to put it out there to let you know that those of us who submitted to the 2021 contest are probably feeling highly disincentivized to submit this year after the ConnectiCon AMV team failed to post the finalists or winners in their thread here or anywhere else online.

Nothing against you since you seem to be new and probably not privy to the goings on of previous years, and I hope the lines of communication between the ConnectiCon team and the editor participants can now be open going forward, but I think many of us would like some assurance here that the same issue will not happen again before we consider submitting.
Exactly this. Not only did they not announce the results, I was one of the winners and I received no notification whatsoever. I only found out when someone left a comment on YouTube. I'm going to need to know that won't be the case this year.

TheHandler
Org Profile

Post by TheHandler » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:49 pm

PerkyPastry wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:01 pm

Thank you for your feedback! You are right, I am not sure how announcing finalists/winners online, if at all, was handled in past years. However, seeing as this contest is open to non-CTCON attendees [USA only], I believe we do need to make sure this is taken care of this year. I have already addressed with the CTCON programming team that I will personally be making sure each finalist is notified by email, in addition to a list of finalists being published in the CTCON email newsletter prior to the convention. I can also ask the programming team about posting finalists/winners directly to our website ConnectiCon.org. I would be happy to post a list of finalists/winners here in this forum as well. As far as winners specifically, they will again each be notified by email, and I will make sure to confirm mailing addresses. As an AMV creator myself, I understand the frustration of not being recognized for your hard work. I hope to keep communication open going forward for this year and for future conventions!
Rae --- @appar.rae --- HaloKami Productions --- ConnectiCon FMV Contest Coordinator

TheHandler
Org Profile

Post by TheHandler » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:55 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:08 am
Exactly this. Not only did they not announce the results, I was one of the winners and I received no notification whatsoever. I only found out when someone left a comment on YouTube. I'm going to need to know that won't be the case this year.
I can assure you I will be personally emailing all winners and finalists myself! :) Can you let me know if you were not compensated for a 2021 winner's prize? I'm currently in the process of trying to find out what the prizes were for 2021 in order to compensate another creator.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:32 pm

TheHandler wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:55 pm
SilkAMV wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:08 am
I can assure you I will be personally emailing all winners and finalists myself! :) Can you let me know if you were not compensated for a 2021 winner's prize? I'm currently in the process of trying to find out what the prizes were for 2021 in order to compensate another creator.
I did win a prize (I assume, based on an unofficial youtube comment), but I don't need compensation. I honestly would rather you just officially announce the winners from 2021, even if it's just in this thread. It's been a mystery this whole time.

TheHandler
Org Profile

Post by TheHandler » Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:29 pm

SilkAMV wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:32 pm
I did win a prize (I assume, based on an unofficial youtube comment), but I don't need compensation. I honestly would rather you just officially announce the winners from 2021, even if it's just in this thread. It's been a mystery this whole time.
I can work on that! We have a programming meeting coming up next week and I will see what I can find out.

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:04 am

Submitted 2 vids.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:17 pm

Was only gonna send one, then while reading through the rules saw you guys also take live action and non anime videos as well... so I sent two cuz I have a video that needs some con love and is limited in the cons in which I can submit it too... so two sent in.

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Post by SpuddStaaa » Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:56 pm

TheHandler wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:29 pm
SilkAMV wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:32 pm
I can work on that! We have a programming meeting coming up next week and I will see what I can find out.
Did this information ever come out? It doesn't really affect me, but now I'm curious who won in the past as well.
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

and amv maker youtube.com/@spuddstaaa

Return to “AMV Contests”