Anime Frontier 2022 AMV Contest (WINNERS ON PAGE 2!)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
SliceofLife
Org Profile

Anime Frontier 2022 AMV Contest (WINNERS ON PAGE 2!)

Post by SliceofLife » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Welcome to Anime Frontier's AMV contest! SUBMISSIONS OPEN UNTIL NOVEMBER 5TH.

SUBMISSION FORM: https://forms.gle/1C1jqYMUriSHjk2W6

CATEGORIES
Action - Intense and energetic edits from the most eye-catching moments in animation.
Romance/Sentimental - Share the love! Showcasing moments that tug at the heartstrings.
Drama - Serious or thrilling videos that tell a story/emotion.
Trailer - Parody edits of existing trailers, commercials or other similar media.
Comedy/Fun - Make us laugh or smile! Anything related to comedy, upbeat or dance.

GENERAL RULES
  • Deadline: November 5th, 2022 11:59pm CT
  • Freshness rule: AMVs must not be premiered before December 2nd 2020.
  • We accept all forms of animation and video game content including:
    • Anime (Japanese, Chinese, and Korean animated media)
    • Video games (Kingdom Hearts, Genshin, etc.)
    • Western cartoons (Avatar the Last Airbender, Arcane, etc.)
  • Participants can submit 2 AMVs max to different categories. An editor may enter a third video if and only if one of those 3 videos are submitted to comedy/fun or trailer.
  • Videos should not contain excessive violence, language, or content that would place it above a PG-13 rating. AMVs are allowed at max 1-2 curse words, however racial slurs and other derogatory language aimed to denigrate or unfairly harass others is barred from the contest.
    • Nudity, sexual content, or excessive gore/violence will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but will usually get you disqualified.
  • All submissions must be sent through a cloud-based file sharing service that is accessible to the public (Google Drive, Dropbox, Mega, etc.). YouTube links will not be accepted. We do not accept physical submissions.

VIDEO & AUDIO QUALITY
  • Video length: Minimum video length is 1 minute, maximum video length is 5 minutes. Trailers are an exception and can be a minimum of 30 seconds.
  • Videos should not contain watermarks, TV logos, studio bumpers, credits or texts that are unnecessary to the content or context of the video.
  • Audio from videos should be mostly music unless it is a trailer/commercial edit.
  • Videos should not contain subtitles that were not created by the editor.
  • Entries should be of reasonable video and audio quality. Videos that have a resolution and frame rate less than 480p and 23.976fps may be disqualified.
  • Videos must be in a format that can be read by VLC Media Player and Media Player Classic (mp4 and mkv files preferred).
  • Files sizes should be kept small. Please keep files to be at max 2 GB.

AWARDS
During the AMV screenings at Anime Frontier, our audience will vote for their favorites. Awards will be presented to:

Best of category
Judge's Choice
Coordinator's Choice
Best in Show

Awards will be given out during the results screening or through the mail.

ANIME FRONTIER BADGES
Once finalists have been chosen, they will be contacted and awarded with one complimentary weekend badge to Anime Frontier 2022.

For any further questions, contact us at animefrontieramv@gmail.com
Last edited by SliceofLife on Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Re: Anime Frontier 2022 AMV Contest (OPEN)

Post by UnluckyArtist » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:53 pm

Buuuuuump
I'm one of the judges, the convention is cool, its somewhat new, started around 2017, And its amv contest is even NEWER
let me judge jou
2 weeks left

darkfiretkd
Org Profile

Post by darkfiretkd » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:40 am

is it ok for non-US people to submit? AMV entry?
Freelancer / Part-time AMV.MAD Editor/ Part-time Traveller/ Taekwondo Enthusiast (2nd Dan Black Belt)
I am Chinese Filipino 🇨🇳🇵🇭 (Fujian, China Origin and Filipino Origin) / Deng Xiao Thought ~ 致富光荣 ~
BILIBILI (Mainland China) /Youtube / BILIBILI TV (South East Asia)

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:03 pm

darkfiretkd wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:40 am
An AMV is an AMV, Any non-US editors are welcomed and ENCOURAGED.. to submit to this Texas contest.
just follow the freshness rule. actually the fresher the better but I'm unbiased

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:04 pm

I believe I sent in some videos but im not seeing an email confirming that, are you able to find that out? Thank you.

SliceofLife
Org Profile

Post by SliceofLife » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:38 am

Zeonic Freak wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:04 pm
I believe I sent in some videos but im not seeing an email confirming that, are you able to find that out? Thank you.
Did you send it through the google form linked above? I don't see your entries on there.
If possible, you can send those in again and should receive confirmation through the google form submission!

SpuddStaaa
Org Profile

Post by SpuddStaaa » Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:05 pm

I also sent to the google form I believe, but I did not see any google form submission confirmation.
ACEN/PMX AMV Coordinator

and amv maker youtube.com/@spuddstaaa

SliceofLife
Org Profile

Post by SliceofLife » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:24 pm

SpuddStaaa wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:05 pm
I also sent to the google form I believe, but I did not see any google form submission confirmation.
I have your entries! The google form response might be in your spam but I will also be sending out confirmation emails in early November :)

Zeonic Freak
Org Profile

Post by Zeonic Freak » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:10 pm

I sent in a couple.

darkfiretkd
Org Profile

Post by darkfiretkd » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:34 am

UnluckyArtist wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:03 pm
darkfiretkd wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:40 am
An AMV is an AMV, Any non-US editors are welcomed and ENCOURAGED.. to submit to this Texas contest.
just follow the freshness rule. actually the fresher the better but I'm unbiased
^^ Thanks! wait 1 week left.. hope I can submit in time. looks interesting. if I can finish my next amv vid in time. but thanks for the info!
Freelancer / Part-time AMV.MAD Editor/ Part-time Traveller/ Taekwondo Enthusiast (2nd Dan Black Belt)
I am Chinese Filipino 🇨🇳🇵🇭 (Fujian, China Origin and Filipino Origin) / Deng Xiao Thought ~ 致富光荣 ~
BILIBILI (Mainland China) /Youtube / BILIBILI TV (South East Asia)

Return to “AMV Contests”